|Birth Name||Rajiv Hari Om-Bhatia|
|Date of Birth||9 September 1967|
|Akshay kumar Height||6′ 1″|
|Extra Skill||He studied martial arts in Hong Kong|
|Father||Hari Om Bhatia|
|Wife||Twinkle Khanna ( January 17th 2000)|
|Languages known||Punjabi, Hindi and Englisch|
|Schoool Days||Don Basco school|
|College Days||Khalsa College|
|Favourite stars||Jackie Chan, Danny Dzoungpa, Sridevi|
|First movie||Saugandh, 1991|
|Address||#203 “A” Wing, Benzer Apartements, Andheri|
Master of martial arts
Akshay kumar had no perfect plans about the future in Bollywood suddenly entered the film industry. He studied martial arts in Hong Kong during teenage only. One of his student suggested that he should try modelling. Akshay got good success as model, then he was offered films. Now he has become the first choice to do adventurous movies due to his excellent martial art skills and his fit physical appearance. Eventhough he was injured many times due to his death defying stunts he hasn’t given up his passion for real stunts. Kim Ling Chang was his martial arts teacher.
Indian James Bond
He came to limelight from his Khiladi series which is an Indian version of James Bond films , such as Mr.Bond (1992), Khiladi (1992), Main Khiladi Tu Anari (1994), Mr. & Mrs. Khiladi (1997) and Khiladi 420 (2000). These films only provided him a solid foundation in bollywood. In his words ” I will never forget “Khiladi” because it was my first hit. I remember one incident that took place after the film was released. A beggar came up to my car at the traffic signal, tapped on the window and ask for ten rupees. “Why ten rupees?” I ask him. He said: Sir, aapki picture dekhni hai” ( means: Sir, I want to watch your movie). I liked his style of begging! So I gave him fifteen rupees and told him to eat “samosas” in the interval too. ”
Akshay kumar’s initial problems
He tried many things to survive. He used to sell UNICEF cards, which his father used to get them for him, he would earn fifty paise per card. He was even a dancer for the Toko Fogo Nights which were held at Shanmukhananda Hall he was paid poorly. One fine dayhe was offered a modelling assignment from there his bright career started then changed his name from Rajiv Bhatia to Akshay Kumar .
Biography / trivia
# He was trained in the martial art form called Wushu with co-star Deepika Padukone for his film “Made In China.”Among the actors only Jackie Chan and Jet Lee practiced “Wushu” so far.
# Akshay Kumar won Best Villain award for ‘Ajnabee (2001)’ as it was the first award in his career since his debut in 1991.
# He worked as a chef in a Bangkok restaurant before entering the films.
# Akshay Kumar is one among the highest income tax payers in Bollywood. 
# Akshay Kumar saved Ayesha Takia from a fatal car accident by taking control of the car before it could get into a deep pit.
# He is trained in judo, taekwando,Wushu and karate.
# His first Bollywood film Saugandh in 1991 was a flop.
# He married actress Twinkle Khanna, the daughter of actor Rajesh Khanna and actress Dimple Kapadia, on January 14, 2001.
# The couple have a son named Araav was born in September 15, 2002.
# The actor sent a legal notice to the tabloid, when a leading Mumbai tabloid newspaper falsely reported that Kumar and his wife had fallen out and Kumar had left home, staying at a hotel. [26 July 2007]
# “There are people in the industry who’ve ten affairs, but no one is talking about them. I’ve had two or three affairs and people just want to pounce on me.”
# “I really believe anyone who can stay in India can stay in any part of the world. Anyone who can drive in India can drive anywhere in the world.. this may sound like a contradiction but because we break more traffic rules, we are more attentive drivers.”
# “I have wised up. The more I speak, the more I get embroiled in controversies. I’ve been linked with every heroine. And even though I’m married now, the rumours just don’t stop.”
# “I was never much interested in studies. I was basically more interested in sports. I was very good in sports especially in volleyball & cricket. Those activities in sports kept me fit and that has still come in use today whether in my career or my personal use.”
# “I started doing martial arts when I was in 8th standard. From there I started and I am still doing it today.”
# “I have always been very attached to my mother. Even today, whenever she is out of town, I fall ill. When I go for outdoor schedules, I fall ill.”
# “In my childhood my parents had got my ‘kundali’ made many times, but no astrologer had ever predicted that I would become a star.”
# “I train myself every morning for 1 ½ hrs. It is enough for me to keep myself fit. I exercise but I don’t do any bodybuilding or weight lifting. I do not say weights are bad but I don’t do the same.”
Best movies list
- Khiladi ( Akshay Kumar , Ayesha Jhulka , Deepak Tijori , Sabeeha )
- Mr. Bond ( Akshay Kumar , Saathi Ganguly , Sheeba , Dolly Minhas )
- Yeh Dillagi( Akshay Kumar, Saif Ali Khan , Kajol , Saeed Jaffrey )
- Mohra ( Akshay Kumar , Raveena Tandon , Sunil Shetty , Naseeruddin Shah )
- Main Khiladi Tu Anari ( Akshay Kumar, Saif Ali Khan , Shilpa Shetty , Shakti Kapoor )
- Sabse Bada Khiladi ( Akshay Kumar , Mohnish Bahl , Mamta Kulkarni )
- Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi ( Akshay Kumar , Raveena Tandon , Rekha )
- Mr. & Mrs. Khiladi ( Juhi Chawla , Akshay Kumar, Kader Khan )
- Janwaar ( Karishma kapoor , Akshay Kumar , Shilpa Shetty , Shakti Kapoor )
- Dhadkan ( Akshay Kumar , Mahima Choudhary , Sunil Shetty , Shilpa Shetty )
- Ajnabee ( Akshay Kumar , Kareena Kapoor , Bobby Deol , Bipasha Basu )
- Phir Hera Pheri( Akshay Kumar , Sunil Shetty , Paresh Rawal , Bipasha Basu )
- Namastey London( Akshay Kumar , Rishi Kapoor , Katrina Kaif , Upent Patel )
- Heyy Babyy [ Akshay Kumar , Fardeen Khan , Vidya Balan , Riteish Deshmukh , Boman Irani ]
- Bhool Bhulaiyaa [Akshay Kumar, Shiney Ahuja, Ameesha Patel]
- Welcome [Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif, Nana Patekar]
- Singh Is Kinng [Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif, Ranvir Shorey]
- Blue [Akshay Kumar, Sanjay Dutt, Lara Dutta]
- De Dana Dan [Suniel Shetty, Paresh Rawal, Katrina Kaif]
- Housefull [Arjun Rampal, Ritesh Deshmukh]
- Tees Maar Khan [Katrina Kaif, Akshaye Khanna]
- Housefull 2 [Asin Thottumkal, Jacqueline Fernandez]
Related Posts: Akshay Kumar movies