Biography / trivia
* Arjun Rampal was born on 26th Nov 1972 in Jabalpur to Amarjeet Rampal and Gwendoline Rampal. Her parents got divorce when he was a kid and his mother Gwendoline Rampal raised him independently. He has a sister. Kim Sharma is his cousin.
* His grandfather name is Brigadier Gurdayal Singh and he was chief personality in GCF guns factory. The factory has a special gun ‘Gurdayal Gun’ named after him for his contribution to the factory.
* Arjun attended “Kodaikanal International School” in Tamil Nadu and “Hindu College” in Delhi. He completed his degree in Economics.
* Arjun made his film debut with “Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat” in 2001 alongside Suniel Shetty and Kirti Reddy. Though the movie failed commercially his performance was appreciated by film critics and earned him several awards.
* Arjun married former Miss India Mehr Jesia in 1997. The couple have two daughters Mahikaa and Myra.
* The actor established his own production house “Chasing Ganesha Films” in 2006 and its first venture was I See You in 2006.
* He entered the television as a judge in dance reality show “Nach Baliye” in 2008 on STAR Plus.
* After his debut he delivered several failures, in 2000s decade he appeared in commercial hits like Moksha in 2001 with Manisha Koirala and Kalpana Pandit, Elaan in 2005 alongside John Abraham, Amisha Patel, Mithun Chakraborty and Lara Dutta, Darna Zaroori Hai in 2006, Don – The Chase Begins Again in 2006 with Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra and Isha Koppikar, Om Shanti Om in 2007 alongside Shahrukh Khan and Deepika Padukone, Rock On !! in 2008 opposite Shahana Goswami and Farhan Akhtar,
* In 2010s decade he worked for blockbusters like Housefull in 2010 alongside Akshay Kumar, Deepika Padukone, Ritesh Deshmukh and Lara Dutta, We Are Family in 2010 with Kajol and Kareena Kapoor, Ra.One in 2011 opposite Shahrukh Khan and Kareena Kapoor, Heroine in 2012 opposite Kareena Kapoor, Inkaar in 2013 alongside Chitrangada Singh and Deepti Naval.
“Everyone in the industry knows me and my abilities. I can”t bring myself to go and beg for work. If they feel a role is meant for me they”d come to me. Otherwise it”s their prerogative to go to someone else.”
“Flops and hits are something you can’t predict. But a flop doesn’t mean that you are a bad actor. Akshaye Khanna is such a person. He is good, but his films have not done well, still people want him.”
“The feeling of having won the National Award is still sinking in. It’s like my sins being washed away. It’s like all the bad stuff I’ve done is being forgiven.”
“I don’t want to be monotonous; that’s why I will do only good roles.”
“Life goes on and become a full circle … whoever said that got it right. Friendship is something which is very, very important. Relationships just happen…you don’t know why you meet a person, you don’t know why you love a person … you don’t know why you had to be at that place at that time when you met that person.”
Filmography / all movies list
|2001||Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat||Rajiv Rai||Sunil Shetty,Aftab Shivdasani,Kirti Reddy|
|–||Moksha||Ashok Mehta||Manisha Koirala,Kalpana Pandit|
|–||Deewaanapan||Ashu Trikha||Dia Mirza,Om Puri,Vinod Khanna|
|2002||Aankhen||Vipul Amrutlal Shah||Akshay Kumar,Amitabh Bachchan,Sushmita Sen|
|–||Dil Hai Tumhaara||Kundan Shah||Preity Zinta,Rekha,Mahima Chaudhry|
|2003||Dil Ka Rishta||Naresh Malhotra||Aishwarya Rai,Ishaa Koppikar,Rakhee|
|–||Tehzeeb||Khalid Mohammed||Shabana Azmi,Diya Mirza,Urmila Matondkar|
|2005||Vaada||Satish Kushal||Amisha Patel,Zayed Khan,Alok Nath|
|–||Elaan||Vikram Bhatt||Rahul Khanna,John Abraham,Mithun Chakraborty|
|–||Yakeen||Girish Dhamija||Priyanka Chopra,Sudhanshu Pandey,Kim Sharma|
|–||Ek Ajnabee||Apoorva Lakhia||Amitabh Bachchan,Rucha Vaidya,Perizaad Zorabian|
|2006||Humko Tumse Pyaar Hai||Bunty Soorma||Bobby Deol,Amisha Patel|
|–||Darna Zaroori Hai||Ram Gopal Varma||Amitabh Bachchan,Anil Kapoor,Ritesh Deshmukh,Sunil Shetty|
|–||Don – I||Farhan Akhtar||Shahrukh Khan,Priyanka Chopra,Boman Irani|
|–||I See You||Vivek Agrawal||Vipasha Agarwal,Sonali Kulkarni|
|2007||Om Shanti Om||Farah Khan||Shahrukh Khan,Deepika Padukone,Shreyas Talpade|
|–||The Last Lear||Rituparno Ghosh||Amitabh Bachchan,Preity Zinta,Divya Dutta|
|2008||EMI – Liya Hai Toh Chukana Parega||Saurav Kabra||Sanjay Dutt,Urmila Matondkar,Malaika Arora|
|2008||Rock on !!||Abhishek Kapoor||Farhan Akhtar,Luke Kenny,Prachi Desai|
|2009||Fox||Deepak Tijori||Sunny Deol,Sagarika Ghatge|
|2010||We Are Family||Siddharth Malhotra||Kajol,Kareena Kapoor|
|2010||Rajneeti||Prakash Jha||Ajay Devgn,Ranbir Kapoor,Katrina Kaif|
|2010||Housefull||Sajid Khan||Akshay Kumar,Deepika Padukone,Lara Dutta|
|2011||Ra.One||Anubhav Sinha||Shahrukh Khan,Kareena Kapoor|
|2011||Rascals||David Dhawan||Sanjay Dutt,Ajay Devgan,Kangna Ranaut|
|2012||Ajab Gazabb Love||Sanjay Gadhvi||Jackky Bhagnani,Nidhi Subbaiah|
|2012||Heroine||Madhur Bhandarkar||Kareena Kapoor,Randeep Hooda|
|2012||Chakravyuh||Prakash Jha||Abhay Deol,Esha Gupta,Manoj Bajpayee|
|2013||Inkaar||Sudhir Mishra||Chitrangada Singh, Deepti Naval|
|2013||Familywala||Neeraj Vora||Dia Mirza, Paresh Rawal|
|2013||Jai Ramji||Tigmanshu Dhulia||Preity Zinta,Randeep Hooda,Irfan Khan|
|2013||Start To Finish||–||–|
|2013||The Legend of Kunal||–||–|