|Nick Name||Vijay Singh Deol|
|Date of Birth||27 January 1970|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Bobby Deol Height||6’1″|
|Sisters||Esha Deol and Ahana Deol|
|Children||Aryaman , Dharam |
|Languages Known||English, Hindi, and Punjabi|
|First movie||Barsaat |
|Address||Plot No. 22, 11th Road, JUPD Scheme, Juhu, Mumbai 400 049|
Biography / trivia
* Bobby Deol was born on 27th January 1967 in Mumbai to Bollywood legend Dharmendra and Parkash Kaur.
* His birth name is Vijay Singh Deol.
* His elder brother is Sunny Deol, a well known action hero. He has four sisters, two sisters and two half-sisters, Vijeyta and Ajita are his sisters while Esha Deol & Ahana Deol are half-sisters born from Dharmendra’s second marriage with Bollywood actress Hema Malini.
* He is married to Tanya Ahuja, daughter of Dev Ahuja, owner of 21st Century Finance and he has two children.
* Bobby Deol attended ‘Mayo College’, Ajmer.
* When he was 7 years old he made a very brief appearance in Dharam Veer in 1977.
* Unlike his father and brother, he is not really known as an action hero.
* The actor made his acting debut with Barsaat alongside Twinkle Khanna in 1995, he won Filmfare Best Debut Award for his role in the movie however he could not attend the award function since he was had an accident while filming Barsaat and was hospitalized in London.
* The film ‘Apne’ includes Bobby Deol, his brother and father starring together for the first time.
* In 2000s decade Deol worked for major commercial hits like Badal in 2000 opposite Rani Mukerji, Bichhoo in 2000 with Rani Mukerji and Ashish Vidyarthi, Ajnabee in 2001 alongside Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor and Bipasha Basu, Humraaz in 2002 with Akshaye Khanna and Amisha Patel, Bardaasht in 2004 with Lara Dutta and Rahul Dev, Dosti: Friends Forever in 2005 opposite Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor, Lara Dutta and Juhi Chawla, Shakalaka Boom Boom in 2007 opposite Upen Patel, Celina Jaitley and Kangna Ranaut, Jhoom Barabar Jhoom in 2007 alongside Abhishek Bachchan, Preity Zinta and Lara Dutta, Apne in 2007 opposite Dharmendra, Sunny Deol, Katrina Kaif and Shilpa Shetty, Heroes in 2008 opposite Mithun Chakraborty Sunny Deol, Salman Khan and others, Dostana in 2008 with Abhishek Bachchan, John Abraham and Priyanka Chopra.
* In 2010s decade he appeared in major commercial films like Yamla Pagla Deewana in 2010 opposite Sunny Deol and Dharmendra, Thank You in 2011 opposite Akshay Kumar, Sonam Kapoor, Suniel Shetty, Celina Jaitley and Rimi Sen.
“I don’t even oil my hair. Actually I’ve ruined my hair by colouring, darkening and then straightening it back to back. As a result I’ve ended up with some bad looking fizzled hair ends.”
“I have no complaints. I’m blessed to have such a father,he’s all heart.”
“I just love my dad and to see him get recognition for his work so late when he deserved so much more made me emotional. My dad appreciates everything in life and speaks his heart out.”
“They are one of the best directors in the industry but beyond that, the most important thing is that they are very humble and treat me like their younger brother.”
“For me, it was like a dream come true. Sunny and I always wanted to do a film with our father. So, it is a very special film. The film is not just about us and how we Deols are, but there are some moments that every family goes through. So when you see the film, you come out with a feeling that you really want to be with your family.” [Speaking about Apne]
“Akshaye is one of my favorite co-stars. He is a buddy. We don’t need to meet each other everyday but we just get along very well. He is a very straight forward man and a very genuine person.” [About Akshaye Khanna]
“I have fought with Rani and I have fought with Preity at some point or the other but we have become better friends after these fights.”
“It feels nice to hear how much my dad is loved even now. And we as his children will always have to live in his shadow. I feel no progeny can outdo their parents’ achievements, just like no fruit can grow bigger than the trees that bears it.”
“Films aren’t exactly the be-all and end-all of my life. I am more of a family man and I prefer spending more time with my wife Tanya, instead of doing the run-of-the-mill stuff.”
“A Production house does not matter to me. The script should be good. As far as Abbas-Mustan go, I’ll never refuse to work with them. So if people come to me with stories and if Abbas-Mustan are going to direct it, then I feel they will do a good job because I believe in them completely.”
“Men get embarrassed to cry, thinking it’s not manly, but we can’t hide our emotions. We can’t live a facade.”
“I have changed a lot . I have realized that most people here are hypocrites. They are sweet to you on your face. But the moment your back is turned, they start bitching about you. Initially I used to get hurt by all this but now I’m learning to be indifferent. I enjoy my work and I keep to myself. I know now that every person I meet is not my genuine well-wisher or my friend. So I am learning to be friendly but not trusting.”
“All these ten years, I badly missed my people – my colleagues in the industry and the audience that has bestowed the boundless love to me and my sons all these years. In fact, I much admit I was a bit apprehensive that the absence from films would extinguish the flame of love between us.” [Dharmendra about Apne]
“It has been my ardent desire and my biggest ambition, for a long time, to work with my sons together in a film. However, for this to happen, a suitable script had to be found where all of us would fit well as actors. This is what took such a long time for all three of us to come together in a film,” [Dharmendra about Apne]
Filmography / all movies list
|1||1977||Dharam Veer||Manmohan Desai||Dharmendra,Zeenat Aman,Jeetendra|
|2||1985||Ghulami||J.P. Dutta||Dharmendra,Mithun Chakraborty,Naseeruddin Shah|
|3||1995||Barsaat||Rajkumar Santoshi||Twinkle Khanna,Raj Babbar,Mukesh Khanna|
|4||1997||Gupt||Rajiv Rai||Manisha Koirala,Kajol|
|5||-||Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya||Rahul Rawail||Aishwarya Rai,Shammi Kapoor,Anupam Kher|
|6||1998||Kareeb||V V Chopra||Shabana Raza,Moushmi Chatterji|
|8||1999||Dillagi||Sunny Deol||Sunny Deol,Urmila Matondkar,Zohra Sehgal|
|9||2000||Badal||Raj Kanwar||Rani Mukerji,Mayuri Kango|
|10||-||Hum To Mohabbat Karega||Kundan Shah||Karishma Kapoor,Johnny Lever|
|11||-||Bichhoo||Guddu Dhanoa||Rani Mukerji,Farida Jalal,Malaika Arora|
|12||2001||Aashiq||Indra Kumar||Karishma Kapoor,Rahul Dev,Smita Jaykar|
|13||-||Ajnabee||Abbas-Mustan||Akshay Kumar,Kareena Kapoor,Bipasha Basu|
|14||2002||Kranti||Naresh Malhotra||Vinod Khanna,Ameesha Patel,Rati Agnihotri|
|15||-||Shaheed||Guddu Dhanoa||Sunny Deol,Amrita Singh,Rahul Dev|
|16||-||Humraaz||Abbas-Mustan||Akshaye Khanna,Amisha Patel|
|17||-||Chor Machaaye Shor||David Dhawan||Paresh Rawal,Shilpa Shetty,Bipasha Basu|
|18||2004||Kismat||Guddu Dhanoa||Priyanka Chopra,Kabir Bedi|
|19||-||Bardaasht||E. Niwas||Lara Dutta,Rahul Dev|
|20||-||Ab Tumhare HawaleWatan Saathiyo||Anil Sharma||Amitabh Bachchan,Akshay Kumar,Divya Khosla|
|21||2005||Jurm||Vikram Bhatt||Lara Dutta,Milind Soman|
|22||-||Tango Charlie||Mani Shankar||Sanjay Dutt,Sunil Shetty,Ajay Devgan|
|23||-||Barsaat||Suneel Darshan||Priyanka Chopra,Bipasha Basu,Shakti Kapoor|
|24||-||Dosti||Suneel Dharshan||Akshay Kumar,Kareena Kapoor,Lara Dutta,Juhi Chawla|
|25||2006||Humko Tumse Pyaar Hai||Raj Kanwar||Amisha Patel,Arjun Rampal|
|26||2007||Shakalaka Boom Boom||Suneel Dharshan||Upen Patel,Kangna Ranaut,Celina Jaitley|
|27||-||Jhoom Barabar Jhoom||Shaad Ali||Abhishek Bachchan,Preity Zinta,Lara Dutta|
|28||-||Apne||Anil Sharma||Dharmendra,Sunny Deol,Shilpa Shetty,Katrina Kaif|
|29||-||Naqaab||Abbas-Mustan||Urvashi Sharma,Akshaye Khanna,Vikas Kalantri|
|30||-||Nanhe Jaisalmer||Samir Karnik||Dwij Yadav,Sharat Saxena|
|31||2008||Chamku||Kabeer Kaushik||Priyanka Chopra,Irrfan Khan|
|32||-||Heroes||Samir Karnik||Salman Khan,Mithun Chakraborty,Preity Zinta,Sunny Deol,Sohail Khan|
|33||-||Dostana||Tarun Mansukhani||Abhishek Bachchan,John Abraham,Priyanka Chopra|
|34||2009||Ek – The Power of One||Sangeeth Sivan||Shriya Saran,Nana Patekar,Chunkey Pandey|
|35||-||Vaada Raha||Samir Karnik||Kangna Ranaut,Dwij Yadav,Atul Agnihotri|
|36||2010||Help||Rajeev Virani||Mugdha Godse,Sophia Handa|
|37||2011||Yamala Pagla Deewana||Samir Karnik||Sunny Deol,Dharmendra|
|38||2011||Thank You||Anees Bazmee||Akshay Kumar,Suniel Shetty,Sonam Kapoor|
|39||2012||Players||Abbas-Mustan||Abhishek Bachchan,Sonam Kapoor,Neil Nitin Mukesh,Bipasha Basu|
|40||2013||Yamla Pagla Deewana 2||Sangeeth Sivan||Dharmendra, Sunny Deol, Anupam Kher|