Drew Barrymore biography facts
* Barrymore’s parents got divorce when she was 9 years old.
* Her family was full of actors, her parents, grandparents and great-grandparents were also actors.
* She started her career when she was just 11 months old and did a commercial for dog food. Her film debut was with “Altered States” in 1980 in a small role. She gained popularity after her first blockbuster hit “E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial” in 1982 directed by Steven Spielberg. Barrymore won “Young Artist Award for Best Young Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture” for her role in the film.
* Unfortunately sudden stardom brought her a troubled childhood, she started smoking when she was just nine, drinking alcohol at 11 and cocaine addiction at 13.
* She was in rehabilitation camps at the age of 13 and made a suicide attempt at the age of 14.
* When she was 17 years old she posed nude for Interview magazine. Later in 1995 she posed nude for Playboy January issue.
* Barrymore was engaged to Leland Hayward in 1991 but after few months it was called off. Later she lived with actor Jamie Walters in 1992–93.
* She married Jeremy Thomas,a bar owner on 20th March 1994 and filed divorce petition in two months. In July 2001 Barrymore married actor Tom Green and got divorce in October 2002. After the divorce she dated drummer Fabrizio Moretti for five years. In 2007 She started dating actor Justin Long and in July 2008 they broke up.
* In 2011 Barrymore started dating art consultant Will Kopelman and they got married on 2nd June 2012 in Montecito, California.
Drew Barrymore quotes
“It’s like the worst name on the planet. I hate it. And people say it all the time: ‘You’re a celebrity.’ No, I’m an actor. I’m a producer. I’m a director. I’m a toad. I’m roadkill. I’m anything but a celebrity.”
“You can’t live your life blaming your failures on your parents and what they did or didn’t do for you. You’re dealt the cards that you’re dealt. I realised it was a waste of time to be angry at my parents and feel sorry for myself.”
“I was very conscious, when ET came out. Your memory and ability to do everything that you need to do is sharpened, because you’re not a child just playing in the dirt. You’re expected to remember your lines, and get up at a certain time every day and go to work. I always loved it.”
Drew Barrymore movies list and upcoming movies
|1||1978||Suddenly, Love||Stuart Margolin||Cindy Williams,
|2||1980||Bogie||Vincent Sherman||Kevin O’Connor,
|3||1980||Altered States||Ken Russell||William Hurt,
|4||1982||E.T||Steven Spielberg||Dee Wallace,
|5||1984||Firestarter||Mark L. Lester||David Keith,
George C. Scott
|6||1984||Irreconcilable Differences||Charles Shyer||Ryan O’Neal,
|7||1985||Cat’s Eye||Lewis Teague||Alan King,
|8||1986||Babes in Toyland||Clive Donner||Keanu Reeves,
|9||1989||See You in the Morning||Alan J. Pakula||Jeff Bridges,
|10||1989||Far From Home||Meiert Avis||Matt Frewer,
|11||1991||Motorama||Barry Shils||J C Michael|
|12||1992||2000 Malibu Road||Joel Schumacher||Jennifer Beals,
|13||1992||Sketch Artist||Phedon Papamichael||Jeff Fahey,
|14||1992||Waxwork II||Anthony Hickox||Zach Galligan,
|15||1992||Poison Ivy||Katt Shea||Sara Gilbert,
|16||1992||Guncrazy||Tamra Davis||James LeGros,
|17||1993||The Amy Fisher Story||Andy Tennant||A John Denison|
|18||1993||No Place to Hide||Richard Danus||Kris Kristofferson,
|19||1993||Doppelganger||Avi Nesher||George Newbern,
|20||1993||Wayne’s World 2||Stephen Surjik||Mike Myers,
|21||1994||Inside the Goldmine||Josh Evans||Alan Marshall,
|22||1994||Bad Girls||Jonathan Kaplan||Madeleine Stowe,
M S Masterson
|23||1995||Boys on the Side||Herbert Ross||Whoopi Goldberg,
|24||1995||Mad Love||Antonia Bird||Chris O’Donnell,
|25||1995||Batman Forever||Joel Schumacher||Val Kilmer,
Tommy Lee Jones
I Love You
|Woody Allen||Alan Alda,
|27||1996||Scream||Wes Craven||David Arquette,
|28||1996||Wishful Thinking||Adam Park||Jennifer Beals,
|29||1997||Best Men||Tamra Davis||Sean Patrick Flanery,
|30||1998||The Wedding Singer||Frank Coraci||Adam Sandler,
|31||1998||Ever After||Andy Tennant||Anjelica Huston,
|32||1998||Home Fries||Dean Parisot||Luke Wilson,
|33||1999||Never Been Kissed||Raja Gosnell||David Arquette,
|34||2000||Skipped Parts||Tamra Davis||Jennifer Jason Leigh,
|35||2000||Charlie’s Angels||McG||Cameron Diaz,
|36||2001||Donnie Darko||Richard Kelly||Jake Gyllenhaal,
|37||2001||Freddy Got Fingered||Tom Green||Tom Green,
|38||2001||Riding in Cars with Boys||Penny Marshall||Steve Zahn,
|39||2002||Confessions of a
|George Clooney||Sam Rockwell,
|41||2003||Duplex||Danny DeVito||Ben Stiller,
|42||2004||50 First Dates||Peter Segal||Adam Sandler,
|43||2004||My Date With Drew||Jon Gunn||Brian Herzlinger,
|44||2005||Fever Pitch||Farrelly brothers||Jimmy Fallon,
|45||2007||Music and Lyrics||Marc Lawrence||Hugh Grant,
|46||2007||Lucky You||Curtis Hanson||Eric Bana,
|47||2009||He’s Just Not
That Into You
|Ken Kwapis||Ben Affleck,|
|48||2009||Grey Gardens||Michael Sucsy||Jessica Lange,
|49||2009||Everybody’s Fine||Kirk Jones||Robert De Niro,
|50||2009||Whip It||Drew Barrymore||Ellen Page,
|51||2010||Going the Distance||Nanette Burstein||Justin Long,
|52||2012||Big Miracle||Ken Kwapis||John Krasinski,