Biography / trivia
* Barrymore’s parents got divorce when she was 9 years old.
* Her family was full of actors, her parents, grandparents and great-grandparents were also actors.
* She started her career when she was just 11 months old and did a commercial for dog food. Her film debut was with “Altered States” in 1980 in a small role. She gained popularity after her first blockbuster hit “E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial” in 1982 directed by Steven Spielberg. Barrymore won “Young Artist Award for Best Young Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture” for her role in the film.
* Unfortunately sudden stardom brought her a troubled childhood, she started smoking when she was just nine, drinking alcohol at 11 and cocaine addiction at 13.
* She was in rehabilitation camps at the age of 13 and made a suicide attempt at the age of 14.
* When she was 17 years old she posed nude for Interview magazine. Later in 1995 she posed nude for Playboy January issue.
* Barrymore was engaged to Leland Hayward in 1991 but after few months it was called off. Later she lived with actor Jamie Walters in 1992–93.
* She married Jeremy Thomas,a bar owner on 20th March 1994 and filed divorce petition in two months. In July 2001 Barrymore married actor Tom Green and got divorce in October 2002. After the divorce she dated drummer Fabrizio Moretti for five years. In 2007 She started dating actor Justin Long and in July 2008 they broke up.
* In 2011 Barrymore started dating art consultant Will Kopelman and they got married on 2nd June 2012 in Montecito, California.
“It’s like the worst name on the planet. I hate it. And people say it all the time: ‘You’re a celebrity.’ No, I’m an actor. I’m a producer. I’m a director. I’m a toad. I’m roadkill. I’m anything but a celebrity.”
“You can’t live your life blaming your failures on your parents and what they did or didn’t do for you. You’re dealt the cards that you’re dealt. I realised it was a waste of time to be angry at my parents and feel sorry for myself.”
“I was very conscious, when ET came out. Your memory and ability to do everything that you need to do is sharpened, because you’re not a child just playing in the dirt. You’re expected to remember your lines, and get up at a certain time every day and go to work. I always loved it.”
Filmography / all movies list
|1||1978||Suddenly, Love||Stuart Margolin||Cindy Williams,Paul Shenar|
|2||1980||Bogie||Vincent Sherman||Kevin O’Connor,Kathryn Harrold|
|3||1980||Altered States||Ken Russell||William Hurt,Blair Brown|
|4||1982||E.T||Steven Spielberg||Dee Wallace,Peter Coyote|
|5||1984||Firestarter||Mark L. Lester||David Keith,George C. Scott|
|6||1984||Irreconcilable Differences||Charles Shyer||Ryan O’Neal,Shelley Long|
|7||1985||Cat’s Eye||Lewis Teague||Alan King,Robert Hays|
|8||1986||Babes in Toyland||Clive Donner||Keanu Reeves,Richard Mulligan|
|9||1989||See You in the Morning||Alan J. Pakula||Jeff Bridges,Alice Krige|
|10||1989||Far From Home||Meiert Avis||Matt Frewer,Jennifer Tilly|
|11||1991||Motorama||Barry Shils||J C Michael|
|12||1992||2000 Malibu Road||Joel Schumacher||Jennifer Beals,Brian Bloom|
|13||1992||Sketch Artist||Phedon Papamichael||Jeff Fahey,Sean Young|
|14||1992||Waxwork II||Anthony Hickox||Zach Galligan,Alexander Godunov|
|15||1992||Poison Ivy||Katt Shea||Sara Gilbert,Tom Skerritt|
|16||1992||Guncrazy||Tamra Davis||James LeGros,Michael Ironside|
|17||1993||The Amy Fisher Story||Andy Tennant||A John Denison|
|18||1993||No Place to Hide||Richard Danus||Kris Kristofferson,Illana Diamant|
|19||1993||Doppelganger||Avi Nesher||George Newbern,Dennis Christopher|
|20||1993||Wayne’s World 2||Stephen Surjik||Mike Myers,Dana Carvey|
|21||1994||Inside the Goldmine||Josh Evans||Alan Marshall,Josh Evans|
|22||1994||Bad Girls||Jonathan Kaplan||Madeleine Stowe,M S Masterson|
|23||1995||Boys on the Side||Herbert Ross||Whoopi Goldberg,Mary-Louise Parker|
|24||1995||Mad Love||Antonia Bird||Chris O’Donnell,Matthew Lillard|
|25||1995||Batman Forever||Joel Schumacher||Val Kilmer,Tommy Lee Jones|
|26||1996||Everyone SaysI Love You||Woody Allen||Alan Alda,Woody Allen|
|27||1996||Scream||Wes Craven||David Arquette,Neve Campbell|
|28||1996||Wishful Thinking||Adam Park||Jennifer Beals,Desiree Casado|
|29||1997||Best Men||Tamra Davis||Sean Patrick Flanery,Dean Cain|
|30||1998||The Wedding Singer||Frank Coraci||Adam Sandler,Christine Taylor|
|31||1998||Ever After||Andy Tennant||Anjelica Huston,Dougray Scott|
|32||1998||Home Fries||Dean Parisot||Luke Wilson,Catherine O’Hara|
|33||1999||Never Been Kissed||Raja Gosnell||David Arquette,Michael Vartan|
|34||2000||Skipped Parts||Tamra Davis||Jennifer Jason Leigh,Mischa Barton|
|35||2000||Charlie’s Angels||McG||Cameron Diaz,Lucy Liu|
|36||2001||Donnie Darko||Richard Kelly||Jake Gyllenhaal,Jena Malone|
|37||2001||Freddy Got Fingered||Tom Green||Tom Green,Rip Torn|
|38||2001||Riding in Cars with Boys||Penny Marshall||Steve Zahn,Brittany Murphy|
|39||2002||Confessions of aDangerous Mind||George Clooney||Sam Rockwell,George Clooney|
|40||2003||Charlie’s Angels:Full Throttle||McG||Cameron Diaz,Lucy Liu|
|41||2003||Duplex||Danny DeVito||Ben Stiller,Bob Weinstein|
|42||2004||50 First Dates||Peter Segal||Adam Sandler,Rob Schneider|
|43||2004||My Date With Drew||Jon Gunn||Brian Herzlinger,Eric Roberts|
|44||2005||Fever Pitch||Farrelly brothers||Jimmy Fallon,JoBeth Williams|
|45||2007||Music and Lyrics||Marc Lawrence||Hugh Grant,Brad Garrett|
|46||2007||Lucky You||Curtis Hanson||Eric Bana,Robert Duvall|
|47||2009||He’s Just NotThat Into You||Ken Kwapis||Ben Affleck,Jennifer Aniston|
|48||2009||Grey Gardens||Michael Sucsy||Jessica Lange,Jeanne Tripplehorn|
|49||2009||Everybody’s Fine||Kirk Jones||Robert De Niro,Kate Beckinsale|
|50||2009||Whip It||Drew Barrymore||Ellen Page,Alia Shawkat|
|51||2010||Going the Distance||Nanette Burstein||Justin Long,Charlie Day|
|52||2012||Big Miracle||Ken Kwapis||John Krasinski,Kristen Bell|