Biography / trivia
* Eva Mendes was born on 5th March 1974 in Miami, Florida, U.S.A.
* After the divorce of her parents she was brought up in in the Los Angeles by her mother.
* She is a Roman Catholic & during her childhood days she aspired to be a nun.
* Eva Mendes attended ‘Hoover High School’ and ‘California State University’ but she left it in middle to pursue her acting career.
* She was selling ‘Hot Dog on a Stick’ at a Mall in California before establishing herself in Hollywood.
* She made her film debut with “Children of the Corn V: Fields of Terror” in 1998 but she was very disappointed about her performance in the film and hired an acting coach to improve her skills.
* Even before making her film debut she appeared in music video “Miami”, “Se a vida é” and “Hole in My Soul”.
* As a model she endorsed many global brands like Revlon, Calvin Klein, Morgan, Campari, Magnum, Cocio, Thierry Mugler, Reebok, Pantene, Peek & Cloppenburg etc.
* AskMen.com listed her in its “Top 99 Most Desirable Women” in 2008 and 2009. Maxim also listed her in its “Hot 100″ in 2007 and 2010. People magazine listed her in its “Most Beautiful at Every Age” list in 2012.
* She is a designer who runs home decor line “Vida”, launched bed linens & dinnerware at Macy’s stores.
* She also has interest in music and sang in “Pimps Don’t Cry” & “The Windmills of Your Mind”.
* She dated George Augusto during 2002 to 2010 and they together started home decor line “Vida”. In 2011 She started to have a romantic relationship with Ryan Gosling.
* Mendes practices Transcendental Meditation on regular basis.
“Marriage is a very archaic kinda thing. I don’t think it fits in my world today.”
“I really like being voluptuous and not too muscular – I love being toned but I don’t like the typical ‘hard’ workout body.”
“I don’t eat meat and stopped eating chicken — my skin has gotten a lot better.”
Filmography / all movies list
|1||1998||Children of the Corn V:Fields of Terror||Ethan Wiley||Stacy Galina,Alexis Arquette|
|2||1998||A Night at the Roxbury||JohnFortenberry||Will Ferrell,Chris Kattan|
|3||1999||My Brother the Pig||Erik Fleming||Nick Fuoco,Scarlett Johansson|
|4||2000||The Disciples||Kirk Wong||Ice-T,Erin Daniels|
|5||2000||Urban Legends: Final Cut||John Ottman||Jennifer Morrison,Matthew Davis|
|6||2001||Exit Wounds||Andrzej Bartkowiak||Steven Seagal,DMX|
|7||2001||Training Day||Antoine Fuqua||Denzel Washington,Ethan Hawke|
|8||2002||All About the Benjamins||Kevin Bray||Ice Cube,Mike Epps|
|9||2003||2 Fast 2 Furious||John Singleton||Paul Walker,Tyrese Gibson|
|10||2003||Once Upon aTime in Mexico||Robert Rodriguez||Antonio Banderas,Salma Hayek|
|11||2003||Out of Time||Carl Franklin||Denzel Washington,Sanaa Lathan|
|12||2003||Stuck on You||Bobby Farrelly||Matt Damon,Greg Kinnear|
|13||2005||Hitch||Andy Tennant||Will Smith,Kevin James|
|14||2005||The Wendell Baker Story||Andrew Wilson||Luke Wilson,Owen Wilson|
|15||2005||Guilty Hearts||George Augusto||Julie Delpy,Stellan Skarsgård|
|16||2006||Trust the Man||Bart Freundlich||David Duchovny,Billy Crudup|
|17||2007||Ghost Rider||M S Johnson||Nicolas Cage,Wes Bentley|
|18||2007||We Own the Night||James Gray||Joaquin Phoenix,Mark Wahlberg|
|19||2007||Live!||Bill Guttentag||David Krumholtz,Andre Braugher|
|20||2007||Cleaner||Renny Harlin||Samuel L. Jackson,Ed Harris|
|21||2008||The Women||Diane English||Meg Ryan,Annette Bening|
|22||2008||The Spirit||Frank Miller||Gabriel Macht,Samuel L. Jackson|
|23||2009||Bad Lieutenant||Werner Herzog||Nicolas Cage,Jennifer Coolidge|
|24||2010||The Other Guys||Adam McKay||Will Ferrell,Mark Wahlberg|
|25||2010||Last Night||Massy Tadjedin||Keira Knightley,Sam Worthington|
|26||2012||Girl in Progress||Patricia Riggen||Russell Peters,Cierra Ramirez|
|27||2012||The PlaceBeyond the Pines||Derek Cianfrance||Ryan Gosling,Bradley Cooper|
|28||2012||Holly Motors||Leos Carax||Denis Lavant,Édith Scob|