|Date of Birth||July 20th|
|Birth Place||Delhi, India|
|Gracy Singh Height||5’4″|
|Schoool Days||Manav Sthali School|
|Languages known||Hindi, Punjabi and English|
|Hobbies||Watching TV, music, reading|
|Favourite Book||Conversations With God|
|First movie||Lagaan, |
|Address||# Salvadore, 7th floor, lat No. 702, Shastri Nagar, Near Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri (W), Mumbai 400 053.|
Biography / trivia
* Gracy Singh was born on 20th July 1980 in New Delhi.
* Singh is a well trained dancer who learnt Bharatanatyam and Odissi during school days itself.
* She was part of the dance group called “The Planets”. She worked there for 2-3 years . It was during one of the dance shows that she was introduced to Sanjiv Bhattacharya & later she was offered a role in Amanat.
* Gracy Singh was offered a small role in Qayamat: City Under Threat but she turned it down as it was just skin show, Neha Dhupia had the role later.
* Since her childhood days she always wanted to do something artistic like dancing, singing, designing etc.
* She is still quite famous as “Dinki” from “Amanat” a TV Serial, aired on ZEE TV during 1997 to 2002. She gained worldwide popularity after the Blockbuster hit Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India opposite Aamir Khan for which she earned “Zee Cine Award for Best Female Debut” & “IIFA Award for Best Debut” both in 2002.
* In her decade long film career she appeared in blockbusters like Lagaan: Once Upon a Time in India in 2001 alongside Aamir Khan and Rachel Shelley, Santosham in 2002 opposite Akkineni Nagarjuna, Shriya Saran and Prabhu Deva, Gangaajal in 2003 with Ajay Devgan and Mukesh Tiwari, Munnabhai M.B.B.S. in 2004 alongside Sanjay Dutt, Sunil Dutt, Arshad Warsi, Boman Irani and Jimmy Shergill, Loudspeaker in 2009 opposite Mammootty and Sasi Kumar.
“I was offered an ad campaign to endorse a brand of cigarettes, but I refused because I’m opposed to smoking. Again, I wouldn’t do a film I don’t want to do, just for the money.”
“I want to be known for my acting and not for my body.”
“I learnt a lot and how to communicate on screen and doing 150 episodes of “Amaanat’ was a great practice and what I’d consider my schooling”.
“There are so many beautiful languages in India.”
“I want to act in at least one film in each language. I want to act in Bengali, Gujarati and Malayalam films.”
“It is a nice experience working within a southern set-up. Good directors is what I always look out for when I sign a movie. The story of this film is in itself not very great but the way he projected it was superb. Jagannathji has also written the script of this triangular love story.” [Speaking about Shart]
“I’m just playing a sensitive girl, a very strong character, who has family relations – parents and a person that she loves and wants to spend her life with. There can be no comparisons between this character and any other that I’ve done before.” [ speaking about Wajjah…A Reason to Kill]
“A senior person called Mr JOshi, who’s a PA to film stars for the past 35 years. He worked very hard to promote me in the film industry.”
“MONEY HAS never been a matter of great priority for me. Perhaps because of the kind of upbringing I’ve had, I’m not overly bothered about it.”
Filmography / all movies list
|1||1999||Hu Tu Tu||Gulzar||Tabu,Nana Patekar,Sunil Shetty|
|2||1999||Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain||Satish Kaushik||Anil Kapoor,Kajol,Anupam Kher|
|3||2001||Lagaan||Ashutosh Gowariker||Aamir Khan,Rachel Shelley|
|4||2002||Santosham||Dasaradh||Akkineni Nagarjuna,Shriya Saran,Prabhu Deva|
|5||2002||Tappu chesipappu kudu||Kodanda Rami Reddy||Ali,Ananth,Mohan Babu|
|6||2003||Armaan||Honey Irani||Amitabh Bachchan,Anil Kapoor,Preity Zinta|
|7||2003||Gangaajal||Prakash Jha||Ajay Devgan,Mukesh Tiwari|
|8||2003||Munnabhai M.B.B.S.||Rajkumar Hirani||Sanjay Dutt,Arshad Warsi,Jimmy Shergill|
|9||2004||Muskaan||Rohit- Manish||Aftab Shivdasani,Neha|
|10||2004||Shart||Puri Jagannadh||Tusshar Kapoor,Amrita Arora|
|11||2005||Wajahh||Gautam Adhikari||Arbaaz Khan,Shamita Shetty|
|12||2005||Dil Humko Dijiye||Chitrarath||Arya Babbar,Raj Babbar|
|13||2005||Yehi Hai Zindagi||Ajay Phansekar||Parvin Dabas,Benjamin Gilani,Sahil Khan|
|14||2006||Choodiyan||Sukhwant Dhadda||Vinod Khanna,Sudhanshu Pandey,Vikas Bhalla|
|15||2006||Chanchal||Indrajit Singh||Kulbhushan Kharbanda,Bindu|
|16||2007||The White Land||Jayant Gillator||Aashish Chaudhary,Seema Biswas|
|17||2007||Lakh Pardesi Hoiye||Swaran Singh||Rajat Bedi,Kulbhushan Kharbanda|
|18||2007||Meghave Meghave||Nagendra Prasad||Ram, Sudeep|
|19||2008||Deshdrohi||Jagdish A. Sharma||Kamaal Rashid Khan,Krishna Abhishek|
|20||2008||Aseema||Sisir Misra||Asseem Merchant,Neha Pendse|
|21||2008||Dekh Bhai Dekh||Rahat Kazmi||Siddharth Koirala,Raghuvir Yadav|
|22||2009||Loudspeaker||Jayaraj||Mammootty,Sasi Kumar,Jagathy Sreekumar|
|24||2011||Milta HaiChance By Chance||Ramesh Modi||Kunal Kapoor,Rahul Dev|
|25||2012||Aseema Beyond Boundaries||Sisir Mishra||Asseem Merchant, Kiran Kumar|
|26||2012||Andhla Doctor||Anand Shastri||Pramod Ambalkar,Priyanka Jadhav|
|27||2012||Appan Pher Milangey||Ravinder Ravi||Vishal Karwal,Kawaljeeth Singh|
|28||2012||Dangerous Ishq||Vikram Bhatt||Karisma Kapoor, Rajneesh Duggal|
|29||2013||1857 Tatya Tope||S K Sham||Aman Verma, Salim Ghouse|
|30||2013||Chooriyan||Sukhawant Dhadda||Vinod Khanna, Sudhanshu Pandey|
|31||2014||Dil Humko Dijiye||Chitraarth||Arya Babbar, Raj Babbar|
|32||2015||The White Land||Jayant Gillator||Ashish Chowdhry, Seema Biswas|
|33||2015||Gandhi Se Pehle Gandhi||Iqbal Durrani||Sameer Kochhar|