Julia Roberts biography facts
* Julia Roberts was born on 28th October 1967 in Atlanta, Georgia, U.S. to Betty Lou and Walter Grady Roberts.
* She has a elder brother Eric Roberts and younger sister Lisa Roberts Gillan. Both her siblings are also actors.
* Julia’s parents were also actors and they founded the “Atlanta Actors and Writers Workshop” in Atlanta.
* Julia’s parents got divorce in 1972 and she was brought up by her mother. Julia’s father Walter Grady Roberts died of cancer in 1977.
* Julia attended “Fitzhugh Lee Elementary School”, “Griffin Middle School” and “Campbell High School” in Smyrna. She was playing clarinet in school band.
* After her graduation Julia went to New York to pursue her acting career. She joined Click Modeling Agency to learn acting under professionals.
* Roberts made her acting debut with film “Satisfaction” in 1988 alongside Liam Neeson & Justine Bateman. The film did well at the box office.
* But Roberts gained worldwide popularity after her blockbuster hit Pretty Woman opposite Richard Gere in 1990. She won Golden Globe Award for Best Actress and also nominated for Academy Award for Best Actress.
* She delivered major hits including My Best Friend’s Wedding, Notting Hill, Runaway Bride, Ocean’s Eleven, Ocean’s Twelve, Valentine’s Day etc. She one of the highest paid actresses in Hollywood.
* Roberts dated several noted celebrities like Jason Patric, Liam Neeson, Dylan McDermott, Matthew Perry and Kiefer Sutherland. She married singer Lyle Lovett on 25th June 1993 in Marion, Indiana but the marriage ended in divorce after three years.
* She dated Benjamin Bratt during 1998-2001. During the filming of The Mexican in 2000 she fell in love with cameraman Daniel Moder and they got married on 4th July 2002 in Taos, New Mexico, the couple have three children.
* In a 2010 she revealed that she started to believe Hinduism and practicing the same. She is a devotee of Neem Karoli Baba.
* Apart from films she is also involved in charity works, she actively involves in UNICEF programs.
* She has been listed in People magazine’s “50 Most Beautiful People in the World” eleven times.!!
* Men’s Health magazine listed her in “100 Hottest Women of All-Time” in 2011.
* She established her own production company called “Red Om Films”.
Julia Roberts quotes
“I want my kids to know when I’m pissed, when I’m happy and when I’m confounded. Your face tells a story and it shouldn’t be a story about your drive to the doctor’s office.”
“I don’t have the luxury of sitting around any more. I must have had bags of spare time before I had children but I don’t know what I did with it and I didn’t appreciate it. But it’s such a terrific trade-off. I don’t have time to get a pedicure, but I sure am happy. Who cares if your feet look bad?”
“I always want to hear the truth. No matter what it is. I have a great family and amazing friends. I expect them to be honest with me. And I want them to be very straightforward, very plain.”
Julia Roberts all movies list and latest new films
|1||1987||Firehouse||J. C Ingvordsen||Gianna Ranaudo,
|2||1988||Blood Red||Peter Masterson||Eric Roberts,
|3||-||Mystic Pizza||Donald Petrie||Annabeth Gish,
|4||-||Satisfaction||Joan Freeman||Justine Bateman,
|5||1989||Steel Magnolias||Herbert Ross||Sally Field,
|6||1990||Flatliners||Joel Schumacher||Kiefer Sutherland,|
|7||-||Pretty Woman||Garry Marshall||Richard Gere,
|8||1991||Hook||Steven Spielberg||Dustin Hoffman,
|9||-||Dying Young||Joel Schumacher||Campbell Scott|
|Joseph Ruben||Patrick Bergin,
|11||1992||The Player||Robert Altman||Tim Robbins,
|12||1993||The Pelican Brief||Alan J. Pakula||Denzel Washington,
|13||1994||Prêt-à-Porter||Robert Altman||Marcello Mastroianni,
|14||-||I Love Trouble||Charles Shyer||Nick Nolte,
|Lasse Hallström||Dennis Quaid,
I Love You
|Woody Allen||Alan Alda,
|17||-||Michael Collins||Neil Jordan||Liam Neeson,
|18||-||Mary Reilly||Stephen Frears||John Malkovich,
|19||1997||Conspiracy Theory||Richard Donner||Mel Gibson,
|20||-||My BestFriend’s Wedding||P. J. Hogan||Dermot Mulroney,|
|21||1998||Stepmom||Chris Columbus||Susan Sarandon,
|22||1999||Runaway Bride||Garry Marshall||Richard Gere,
|23||-||Notting Hill||Roger Michell||Hugh Grant,
|24||2000||Erin Brockovich||Steven Soderbergh||Albert Finney|
|25||2001||Ocean’s Eleven||Steven Soderbergh||George Clooney,|
|26||-||America’s Sweethearts||Joe Roth||Billy Crystal|
|27||-||The Mexican||Gore Verbinski||Brad Pitt,
|28||2002||Confessions of a
|George Clooney||Sam Rockwell,
|29||-||Grand Champion||Barry Tubb||Joey Lauren Adams,
|30||-||Full Frontal||Steven Soderbergh||David Duchovny,
|31||2003||Mona Lisa Smile||Mike Newell||Kirsten Dunst,
|32||2004||Ocean’s Twelve||Steven Soderbergh||George Clooney,
|33||-||Closer||Mike Nichols||Jude Law|
|34||2007||Charlie Wilson’s War||Mike Nichols||Tom Hanks|
|35||2008||Fireflies in the Garden||Dennis Lee||Ryan Reynolds,
|36||2009||Duplicity||Tony Gilroy||Clive Owen,|
|37||2010||Valentine’s Day||Garry Marshall||Jessica Alba,|
|38||-||Eat, Pray, Love||Ryan Murphy||Billy Crudup,
|39||2011||Larry Crowne||Tom Hanks||Tom Hanks,|
|40||2012||Mirror, Mirror||Tarsem Singh||Lily Collins,
|41||2013||August: Osage County||John Wells||B Cumberbatch,|
|42||2013||The Normal Heart||Ryan Murphy||Matt Bomer,
[Fans only: Hello readers make best movies list of your favorite celebrity and we will be happy to publish your comments. Box office isn't the only criteria. Thank you – Author]