Biography / trivia
* Katie Holmes was born on 18th December 1978 in Toledo, Ohio, United States to Kathleen, a housewife and Martin Joseph Holmes, an attorney.
* Katie has three sisters and a brother, she is the youngest of all siblings.
* She attended Notre Dame Academy in Toledo. She wanted to be a doctor.
* She started to take her modeling classes when she was just 14 in Toledo.
* Holmes made her acting debut with “The Ice Storm” in 1997 alongside Kevin Kline and Sigourney Weaver. She appeared in a major role in Disturbing Behavior in 1998.
* Holmes first commercial blockbuster film was Phone Booth in 2003.
* FHM magazine listed her in its sexiest women in the world list in 1999. People’s magazine also ranked her in “50 Most Beautiful People” in 2003.
* Holmes dated many celebrities before marrying Tom. She dated her co-star Joshua Jackson during filming of Dawson’s Creek. Later in 2000 she started to date actor Chris Klein and they got engaged in 2003 but in 2005 the couple broke up.
* After breaking up with Chris Klein she began dating Tom Cruise and he proposed to Holmes on 17th June 2005, on top of famous Eiffel Tower in Paris. The couple married on 18th Nov 2006 in Italy. The couple have a daughter Suri born on 18th April 2006.
* Holmes filed divorce petition in June 2012 and the couple signed the settlement in July 2012. Since the New York law requires the divorce documents to be sealed the media was not given full details of settlement. The custody of their daughter was given to Holmes.
* Holmes successfully sued Star magazine in 2011 for their cover story which depicted her as drug addict. The magazine apologized in their May 6, 2011 issue and gave huge donations to her charity foundation to settle the issue.
“Being a mother is the most important job in the world. When you have a child, it feels like you’re reading an Encyclopedia every day, and you’re always behind, because children grow up so fast. Suri is teaching me a lot. She so smart and strong… just really magical.”
Filmography / all movies list
|1997||The Ice Storm||Ang Lee||Joan Allen,Kevin Kline,Christina Ricci,Tobey Maguire|
|1998||Disturbing Behavior||David Nutter||James Marsden,Nick Stahl,Bruce Greenwood|
|–||Dawson’s Creek||Lou Antonio||James Van Der Beek,Joshua Jackson,Kerr Smith|
|1999||Go||Doug Liman||Sarah Polley,Scott Wolf,Desmond Askew|
|–||Muppets from Space||Tim Hill||Bill Barretta,Dave Goelz,Steve Whitmire|
|–||Teaching Mrs. Tingle||Kevin Williamson||Helen Mirren,Marisa Coughlan,Barry Watson|
|2000||Wonder Boys||Curtis Hanson||Michael Douglas,Frances McDormand|
|–||The Gift||Sam Raimi||Cate Blanchett,Keanu Reeves,Giovanni Ribisi|
|2002||Abandon||Stephen Gaghan||Benjamin Bratt,Zooey Deschanel,Fred Ward|
|2003||Phone Booth||Joel Schumacher||Colin Farrell,Forest Whitaker,Kiefer Sutherland|
|–||The Singing Detective||Keith Gordon||Robert Downey Jr.,Mel Gibson,Robin Wright Penn|
|–||Pieces of April||Peter Hedges||Derek Luke,Patricia Clarkson,Oliver Platt|
|2004||First Daughter||Forest Whitaker||Amerie,Marc Blucas,Michael Keaton|
|2005||Batman Begins||Christopher Nolan||Christian Bale,Liam Neeson,Michael Caine|
|–||Thank You for Smoking||Jason Reitman||Aaron Eckhart,Cameron Bright,Maria Bello|
|2008||Mad Money||Callie Khouri||Diane Keaton,Queen Latifah,Ted Danson|
|2010||The Extra Man||S Springer Berman||Kevin Kline,Paul Dano|
|2010||The Romantics||Galt Niederhoffer||Anna Paquin,Josh Duhamel,Dianna Agron|
|2011||Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark||Troy Nixey||Bailee Madison,Guy Pearce|
|2011||The Son of No One||Dito Montiel||Channing Tatum,Al Pacino,Juliette Binoche|
|2011||Jack and Jill||Dennis Dugan||Adam Sandler,Al Pacino|