Biography & trivia
* Keira Knightley was born on 26th March 1985 in Teddington, United Kingdom.
* Keira Knightley has a brother named Caleb.
* She attended ‘Stanley Junior School’ ‘Teddington School’ & ‘Esher College’.
* When she was a kid Knightley was diagnosed with “Dyslexia” a learning disability which impairs comprehension of a person. But she was good at studies and was very passionate about acting, she had an agent when she was just six years old and worked for local productions like After Juliet, United States etc. She later worked for local commercials and small roles in TV shows.
* She made her acting debut as a “Little Girl” in Royal Celebration, 1993 TV film. She later worked for A Village Affair, Innocent Lies, Coming Home, The Treasure Seekers, Oliver Twist, The Bill, Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.
* In 2000 decade Keira Knightley worked for blockbuster films like Princess of Thieves in 2001 alongside Del Synnott and Stephen Moyer, Bend It Like Beckham in 2002 alongside Parminder Nagra and Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl in 2003 with Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom and Geoffrey Rush, Pride & Prejudice in 2005 alongside Matthew Macfadyen and Brenda Blethyn, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest in 2006 opposite Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End in 2007, The Duchess in 2008.
* In 2010 decade Keira Knightley appeared in hits like A Dangerous Method in 2011 alongside Viggo Mortensen and Michael Fassbender.
* FHM listed her in its ‘100 Sexiest Women in the World list’ several times. She appeared in ‘Maxim’s 2006 Hot 100’ list,
* She is the Brand ambassador for brands like Asprey, Lux, Shiatzy Chen, Chanel etc
* Knightley dated Jamie Dornan during 2003 – 2005, in 2005 she started dating her co-star Rupert Friend and their relationship lasted for five years, in 2011 she had a serious relationship with James Righton, a musician.
* Keira Knightley is an atheist, one who doesn’t believe in existence of god.
“I had success very young. I found that confusing and rather frightening for a long time. I didn’t feel I deserved it.”
“The most fantastic date I’ve ever had was going bowling, because I don’t bowl and I’m awful. The more childlike, the more fun the date.”
“I should exercise more than I do, but I am very lazy, so I don’t. and I was about to say I don’t eat junk food, but ice cream and chocolate is pretty junky. My mom has always kept pretty healthy food in the house. We eat fresh, good food…no chucking all the crap in.”
Filmography / all movies list
|1||1995||Innocent Lies||Patrick Dewolf||Stephen Dorff,Gabrielle Anwar|
|2||1999||Star Wars Episode I:The Phantom Menace||George Lucas||Liam Neeson,Ewan McGregor|
|3||2001||Deflation||R Ashton-Griffiths||Del Synnott,Keira Knightley|
|4||2001||Princess of Thieves||Peter Hewitt||Keira Knightley,Del Synnott|
|5||2001||The Hole||Nick Hamm||Thora Birch,Desmond Harrington|
|6||2002||Thunderpants||Pete Hewitt||Bruce Cook,Rupert Grint|
|7||2002||Pure||Gillies MacKinnon||Molly Parker,Harry Eden|
|8||2002||Bend It Like Beckham||Gurinder Chadha||Parminder Nagra,Jonathan Rhys Meyers|
|9||2003||Pirates of the Caribbean:The Curse of theBlack Pearl||Gore Verbinski||Johnny Depp,Geoffrey Rush|
|10||2003||Love Actually||Richard Curtis||Hugh Grant,Liam Neeson|
|11||2004||King Arthur||Antoine Fuqua||Clive Owen,Ioan Gruffudd|
|12||2005||The Jacket||John Maybury||Adrien Brody,Kris Kristofferson|
|13||2005||Domino||Tony Scott||Mickey Rourke,Edgar Ramirez|
|14||2005||Pride & Prejudice||Joe Wright||Matthew Macfadyen,Brenda Blethyn|
|15||2006||Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest||Gore Verbinski||Johnny Depp,Orlando Bloom|
|16||2007||Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End||Gore Verbinski||Johnny Depp,Orlando Bloom|
|17||2007||Silk||Francois Girard||Michael Pitt,Alfred Molina|
|18||2007||Atonement||Joe Wright||James McAvoy,Saoirse Ronan|
|19||2008||The Edge of Love||John Maybury||Sienna Miller,Cillian Murphy|
|20||2008||The Duchess||Saul Dibb||Ralph Fiennes,Hayley Atwell|
|21||2009||The Continuing andLamentableSaga of theSuicide Brothers||Arran Brownlee||Rupert Friend,Tom Mison|
|22||2010||London Boulevard||WilliamMonahan||Colin Farrell,David Thewlis|
|23||2010||Steve||Rupert Friend||Colin Firth|
|24||2010||Never Let Me Go||Mark Romanek||Carey Mulligan,Andrew Garfield|
|25||2010||Last Night||Massy Tadjedin||Sam Worthington,Eva Mendes|
|26||2011||A Dangerous Method||DavidCronenberg||Viggo Mortensen,Michael Fassbender|
|27||2012||Seeking A Friend forthe End ofthe World||Lorene Scafaria||Steve Carrell,T.J. Miller|
|28||2012||Stars in Shorts||Jacob Chase||Colin Firth,Lily Tomlin|
|28||2012||Anna Karenina||Joe Wright||Aaron Johnson,Jude Law|
|28||2013||Jack Ryan||Kenneth Branagh||Chris Pine,Kenneth Branagh|
|28||2013||The Emperor’s Children||Noah Baumbach||Eric Bana,Richard Gere|
|28||2013||Can a Song SaveYour Life?||–||–|