|Date of Birth||April 16, 1978|
|Birth Place||Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh|
|Lara Dutta Height||5′ 8″ (1.65 m)|
|Siblings||2 older sisters|
|Schoool Days||St. Francis Xavier’s Girls’ High School and Frank Anthony Public School,Bangalore.|
|College Days||Graduated in economics from Bombay University|
|Launguages known||English, Hindi|
|Accomplishments||UN Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)|
|First movie__||Andaaz (2003)|
Biography / trivia
* Lara Dutta was born on 16th April 1978 in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh to L.K. Dutta a Punjabi Wing Commander and Jennifer Dutta, an Anglo-Indian.
* Lara has two sisters Sabrina & Cheryl.
* Her family re-located to Bangalore in 1981.
* Lara can speak several languages like English, Hindi, Punjabi, French and Kannada.
* She is actively working with an organization focusing on increasing global awareness of women’s rights.
* She attended ‘St.Francis Xavier Girls’ High School’ & ‘Frank Anthony Public School’ in Bangalore.
* She has a Bachelor’s degree in economics from Mumbai University.
* After her formal education she pursued her modeling career seriously, she won the title of “Miss Intercontinental Pageant” in 1997, later she went on to win “Femina Miss India Universe” in 2000.
* She was offered a role in Hollywood films namely “The Matrix Reloaded” (2003) and “The Matrix Revolutions” (2003), but she rejected as she didn’t like the script.
* Lara Dutta and tennis player Mahesh Bhupathi got engaged in 2010 and got married on 16th February 2011 in Bandra. The couple gave birth to a baby girl, Saira on 20th Jan 2012.
* In Lara Dutta’s decade long career she appeared in successful films like Andaaz in 2003, Mumbai Se Aaya Mera Dost in 2003 alongside Abhishek Bachchan, Masti in 2004 opposite Ajay Devgan, Vivek Oberoi and Aftab Shivdasani, Insan in 2005 with Akshay Kumar, Tusshar Kapoor and Ajay Devagan, Elaan opposite Arjun Rampal and John Abraham, Kaal alongside Ajay Devgan, John Abraham and Vivek Oberoi, No Entry with Salman Khan, Fardeen Khan and Anil Kapoor, Bhagam Bhag in 2006 opposite Akshay Kumar and Govinda, Jhoom Barabar Jhoom in 2007 alongside Abhishek Bachchan, Preity Zinta and Bobby Deol, Partner opposite Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif and Govinda, Billu with Irrfan Khan and Shahrukh Khan, Housefull in 2010 alongside Akshay Kumar and Arjun Rampal,Chalo Dilli in 2011 opposite Vinay Pathak and Akshay Kumar.
“Today, I know how far I can go without being made to look vulgar on screen. I wouldn’t wear a bikini. I don’t want to do the skin thing any more.”
“I know there are many actors around who survive on hype. I am, however, not one of them. I have never had this sense of urgency to make it to the top. I do not believe in the number crunching game either. I’m just enjoying the process of being a part of the industry.”
“I never thought of getting into acting or the glamour world when I was a child. I really wanted to be a pilot and fly around the world.”
“I was never a party person, I would prefer to watch a movie on a weekend rather than shake a leg at a party, and I love watching films in multiplexes. I go there, meet people and enjoy the whole experience of sitting there, eating popcorn, like any other cinemagoer.”
“I am answerable to my fans about my professional life. I will make sure that even if they don’t like my film, they won’t be disappointed with my work.”
“I have my reservations on how much skin I am willing to show (in films). Even in real life, I am much more conservative in my dressing.”
“I was really surprised while living in America that Americans were clueless about the Indian culture and woman in particular, and it was an amazing triumph for me to go out there and change the perspective that they had about Indian women.”
“We’ve never claimed to be best friends. We’ve had our ups and downs, after all, we’re competitors in the same field. But I’d hate to have an attitude towards her. I think Priyanka is very talented but I don’t think we’re up for the same slot. Both of us will definitely create our own slots.” [About Priyanka Chopra ]
“If I am stylish and smoke on big screen, then youngsters of our country are bound to follow that. I have not yet got one good reason why people smoke in life! I have never understood the reason and logic of smoking.” [About smoking]
“I’m happy with my growth, though I’m not moving at my own pace.”
“Earlier, I used to take everyone’s advice. Now, after having worked with the likes of Karan Johar (Kaal), I know I want a great atmosphere to work in.”
“I don’t want to take on roles out of desperation. I’ve never been the kind to dig my nails in and hang on desperately. At the end of the day, I want to be happy that I’ve done some good work in the industry.”
“My boyfriend is capable of promoting himself and taking decisions on his own. These are just rumours that I am promoting Kelly in the industry. We never advise each other in our matters. Kelly and I co-operate when the situation demands.”
Filmography / all movies list
|1||2003||Andaaz||Raj Kanwar||Akshay Kumar,Priyanka Chopra|
|2||–||Mumbai Se Aaya Mera Dost||Apoorva Lakhia||Abhishek Bachchan,Jimmy Shergill|
|3||2004||Masti||Indra Kumar||Aftab Shivdasani,Vivek Oberoi,Ritesh Deshmukh,Amrita Rao|
|4||–||Bardaasht||E. Niwas||Bobby Deol,Rahul Dev|
|5||–||Arasatchi||N. Maharajan||Arjun,Riya Sen,Karan|
|6||–||Aan: Men at Work||Madhur Bhandarkar||Shatrughan Sinha,Sunil Shetty,Akshay Kumar|
|7||2005||Insan||Krishna Vamsi||Ajay Devgan,Akshay Kumar,Esha Deol,Tusshar Kapoor|
|8||–||Elaan||Vikram Bhatt||Arjun Rampal,John Abraham,Amisha Patel|
|9||–||Jurm||Vikram Bhatt||Bobby Deol,Milind Soman|
|10||–||Kaal||Soham Shah||Ajay Devgan,John Abraham,Vivek Oberoi|
|11||–||No Entry||Anees Bazmee||Salman Khan,Anil Kapoor,Bipasha Basu,Fardeen Khan|
|12||–||Dosti||Suneel Dharshan||Akshay Kumar,Bobby Deol,Kareena Kapoor|
|13||2006||Zinda||Sanjay Gupta||Sanjay Dutt,John Abraham,Celina Jaitley|
|14||–||Bhagam Bhag||Priyadarshan||Akshay Kumar,Govinda,Jackie Shroff|
|15||2007||Jhoom Barabar Jhoom||Shaad Ali||Abhishek Bachchan,Preity Zinta,Bobby Deol|
|16||–||Partner||David Dhawan||Salman Khan,Govinda,Katrina Kaif|
|17||2008||Jumbo||Kompin Kemgumnird||Akshay Kumar,Rajpal Yadav|
|18||2009||Billu Barber||Priyadarshan||Irrfan Khan,Shahrukh Khan,Om Puri|
|19||–||Do Knot Disturb||David Dhawan||Govinda,Sushmita Sen,Ritesh Deshmukh|
|20||–||Blue||Anthony D’Souza||Akshay Kumar,Sanjay Dutt,Zayed Khan|
|21||2010||Housefull||Sajid Khan||Akshay Kumar,Ritesh Deshmukh,Arjun Rampal,Deepika Padukone|
|22||2011||Chalo Dilli||Shashant Shah||Vinay Pathak,Akshay Kumar|
|23||–||Don 2||Farhan Akhtar||Shahrukh Khan,Priyanka Chopra,Kunal Kapoor|
|24||2013||Banda Yeh Bindaas Hai||Ravi Chopra||Salman Khan,Govinda,Tabu|
|25||2013||David||Bejoy Nambiar||Vikram,Tabu,Neil Nitin Mukesh|