Biography & trivia
* Megan Fox was born on 16th May 1986 in Oak Ridge, U.S.A to Gloria Darlene & Franklin Thomas Fox.
* Her full name is Megan Denise Fox but she prefers to use Megan Fox in short for movie credits.
* Her parents got divorced when she was a kid, her mother later married Tony Tonachio and the couple raised Megan Fox and her sister.
* Megan Fox took interest in drama & dance when she was five and was enrolled for training in Kingston, Tennessee.
* In an interview she stated that during her school days she was bullied & picked on by fellow students and she used to ate lunch in school bathroom to avoid such a company.
* She started her career as a model at the age of 13 and won several awards at “American Modeling and Talent Convention in Hilton Head”, South Carolina in 1999.
* After much success in modeling she made her acting debut at the age of 16 with ‘Holiday in the Sun’ in 2001 alongside Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen, it was a small role as Brianna Wallace. Her major role was in 2004 film ‘Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen’ opposite Lindsay Lohan and Adam Garcia.
* Her biggest blockbuster came in 2007 with Transformers alongside Shia LaBeouf and Josh Duhamel, the movie was a huge commercial hit all over the world, she earned nomination for “Teen Choice Awards” for her role in the film. The sequel film ‘Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen’ was released in 2009.
* She was not included in the next sequel Transformers: Dark of the Moon as there were misunderstandings between the director Michael Bay and Fox, it was reported that she compared working under him to working for Adolf Hitler. Michael Bay later stated that Megan Fox was fired as per the directions of producer Steven Spielberg. Her subsequent film Jennifer’s Body directed by Academy Award winning screenwriter Diablo Cody in 2009 was a box office failure. Her next film Jonah Hex in 2010 was also a box office bomb.
* In 2010 decade she worked for ‘Passion Play’ opposite Mickey Rourke received bad reviews. Her 2011 film Friends with Kids alongside Adam Scott Jon Hamm and Jennifer Westfeldt did above average business at the box office. 2012 film This Is 40 which is spin-off from Knocked Up 2007 film received mixed reviews.
* After the blockbuster hit of Transformers in 2007 she appeared on the cover of several reputed magazines including Maxim, Cosmo Girl,Paw Print ,Jack, FHM, GQ, Empire, Entertainment Weekly,Nylon , USA Weekend, Esquire, ELLE, Harper’s Bazaar, Allure etc. She also appeared in the list of ‘The 25 Hottest Actors Under 25’, “Sexiest Woman in the World” ‘100 Sexiest Women in the World’ “100 Hottest Women of All-Time” “Hot 100” etc of these magazines several years in a row.
* Megan Fox is often compared to Hollywood queen Angelina Jolie, referring to her as “Next Angelina Jolie”.
* Megan has eight known tattoos on her body which includes name of Brian, Marilyn Monroe’s face, a crescent moon etc.
* Megan Fox has started dating her co-star Brian Austin Green from Hope & Faith since 2004 and the couple got became engaged in 2006 but later called off the engagement in Feb 2009, later in 2010 the couple reunited and wedded in a private ceremony in Hawaii, the couple have a son named Noah Shannon Green, born on 27th Sep 2012.
“You won’t believe this, but I never go out. I don’t like drunk, sweaty people whose only goal is to have sex. I stay home and play computer backgammon. Every once in a while, I go to Color Me Mine to do pottery.”
“I don’t like being seen, I want to be invisible.”
“As soon as you tell me to do one thing, I do the opposite. As soon as someone tells me not to get any more tattoos, I have this intense fire burning inside me to cover myself with them. I don’t care if it’s self-destructive. I just have that need to rebel.”
“It changes your perspective about being overly sexual in a film when you have a baby. I’m going to be more cautious about choosing films because I’m already thinking about when he’s in school and his friends are going to be showing him my photo shoots with me in a bikini and he’s going to be horrified.”
“I only gained 23 pounds when I was pregnant and I’m still 10 pounds heavier than I was but I don’t want to kill myself trying to get back into shape because it’s not a priority right now.”
“I hate taking pictures, I never watch them, otherwise I would have wanted to change everything. I prefer not to see any and trust the photographer, who knows his job.”
Filmography / all movies list
|1||2001||Holiday in the Sun||Steve Purcell||Mary-Kate Olsen,Ashley Olsen|
|2||2003||Bad Boys II||Michael Bay||Martin Lawrence,Will Smith|
|3||2004||Confessions of aTeenage Drama Queen||Sara Sugarman||Lindsay Lohan,Adam Garcia|
|4||2004||Crimes of Fashion||Stuart Gillard||Kaley Cuoco,Dominic Chianese|
|5||2007||Transformers||Michael Bay||Shia LaBeouf,Josh Duhamel|
|6||2008||How to Lose Friends& Alienate People||Robert B. Weide||Simon Pegg,Kirsten Dunst|
|7||2009||Transformers: Revengeof the Fallen||Michael Bay||Shia LaBeouf,Josh Duhamel|
|8||2009||Jennifer’s Body||Karyn Kusama||Amanda Seyfried,Johnny Simmons|
|9||2010||Jonah Hex||Jimmy Hayward||Josh Brolin,John Malkovich|
|10||2011||Passion Play||Mitch Glazer||Mickey Rourke,Rhys Ifans|
|11||2012||Friends with Kids||Jennifer Westfeldt||Adam Scott,Jennifer Westfeldt|
|12||2012||The Dictator||Larry Charles||Sacha Baron Cohen,Alec Berg|
|13||2012||This Is Forty||Judd Apatow||Leslie Mann,Paul Rudd|