Nithya Menon biography facts
* Nithya Menon was born in Bangalore into a Malayali family. Originally her father is from Calicut & her mother is from Kerala.
* Even from the childhood days she wanted to be a journalist and hence she joined ‘Manipal Institute of Communication’ to study journalism. But later lost interest feeling “journalism is not what it used to be”
* Nithya Menon never wanted to be an actress but accidentally landed in films but later she took it seriously as her career.
* After completion of her degree in Communication she decided to be a filmmaker so that she can express her ideas through films and joined “Film and Television Institute of India” in Pune to learn cinematography. During FTI entrance test she met Nandini Reddy & she convinced Nithya Menon to take up acting seriously.
* Nithya Menen entered the films when she was just 10 years old, she made her acting debut with ‘The Monkey Who Knew Too Much’ in 1998.
* In 2008 she made her acting debut in a lead role with “Aakasha Gopuram” opposite Mohanlal, the film was directed by K. P. Kumaran.
* Nithya Menen made her Kannada film debut with “Josh” in 2009, she was nominated for ‘Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress’ for her performance in the movie.
* In 2011 she made her Telugu debut with ‘Ala Modalaindi’ alongside Nani and the film was huge commercial hit. Her performance was praised by film critics and she won ‘Nandi Award for Best Actress’ for her role.
* She also worked as a choreographer for Kannada film ‘Aidondla Aidu’.
Nithya Menon quotes
“I’ve never wanted to be an actress. I came into the industry to be a filmmaker, but let us say fate had other plans for me. I don’t want to be the next glamour queen. My cinema is of a different kind.”
“Journalism is not what it used to be. I thought it was an important job but it is not. I’m idealistic and it pretty much upsets me that negativity sells and that even if I wanted to tell the truth I wouldn’t be able to if my boss does not okay it.”
Nithya Menon all movies list and latest films
|K R Ramadas||Balachandramenon,
Mala Aravindhan ,
K P A C Lalitha,
|2||2005||Seven O’ Clock||Santosh Rai Pathaje||Pooja Kanwal,
|4||2008||Akasha Gopuram||K. P. Kumaran||Mohanlal,
Manoj K. Jayan,
|6||2009||Vellathooval||I. V. Sasi||Rejith Menon,
|8||2009||Angel John||S. L. P Jayasurya||Mohanlal,
|12||2010||Aidondla Aidu||V K Prakash||Devaraj,
C R Simha
|13||2011||Ala Modalaindi||Nandini Reddy||Nani,
M. S. Narayana
|16||2011||Violin||Sibi Malayil||Asif Ali,
|17||2011||Veppam||Anjana Ali Khan||Nani,
|18||2011||Makaramanju||Lenin Rajendran||Santhosh Sivan,
Bala, Karthika Nair,
Sumit Kaur Atwal,
|20||2012||Ishq||Vikram K. Kumar||Nitin,
|T. K. Rajeev Kumar||Unni Mukundan,
|22||2012||Karmayogi||V. K. Prakash||Indrajith,
|23||2012||Ustad Hotel||Anwar Rasheed||Dulquer Salmaan,
|24||2012||Bachelor Party||Amal Neerad||Asif Ali,
|25||2012||Okkadine||Srinivas Raga||Nara Rohith,
M. S. Narayana,
Kota Srinivasa Rao,
|26||2012||50 Percent Love||Sibi Malayil||Nishan,Asif Ali|
|27||2012||Dil Se||Sibi Malayil||Asif Ali,Lakshmi R,Nedumudi Venu,
|29||2012||Ravi Varma||Lenin Rajendran||Santhosh Sivan,
|30||2012||Poppins||V. K. Prakash||Jayasurya,