* Nithya Menon was born in Bangalore into a Malayali family. Originally her father is from Calicut & her mother is from Kerala.
* Even from the childhood days she wanted to be a journalist and hence she joined ‘Manipal Institute of Communication’ to study journalism. But later lost interest feeling “journalism is not what it used to be”
* Nithya Menon never wanted to be an actress but accidentally landed in films but later she took it seriously as her career.
* After completion of her degree in Communication she decided to be a filmmaker so that she can express her ideas through films and joined “Film and Television Institute of India” in Pune to learn cinematography. During FTI entrance test she met Nandini Reddy & she convinced Nithya Menon to take up acting seriously.
* Nithya Menen entered the films when she was just 10 years old, she made her acting debut with ‘The Monkey Who Knew Too Much’ in 1998.
* In 2008 she made her acting debut in a lead role with “Aakasha Gopuram” opposite Mohanlal, the film was directed by K. P. Kumaran.
* Nithya Menen made her Kannada film debut with “Josh” in 2009, she was nominated for ‘Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress’ for her performance in the movie.
* In 2011 she made her Telugu debut with ‘Ala Modalaindi’ alongside Nani and the film was huge commercial hit. Her performance was praised by film critics and she won ‘Nandi Award for Best Actress’ for her role.
* She also worked as a choreographer for Kannada film ‘Aidondla Aidu’.
“I’ve never wanted to be an actress. I came into the industry to be a filmmaker, but let us say fate had other plans for me. I don’t want to be the next glamour queen. My cinema is of a different kind.”
“Journalism is not what it used to be. I thought it was an important job but it is not. I’m idealistic and it pretty much upsets me that negativity sells and that even if I wanted to tell the truth I wouldn’t be able to if my boss does not okay it.”
Filmography / all movies list
|1||2003||VarumVarunnu Vannu||K R Ramadas||Balachandramenon,Mala Aravindhan ,K P A C Lalitha,
|2||2005||Seven O’ Clock||Santosh Rai Pathaje||Pooja Kanwal,Mithun Tejaswi,Komal Kumar|
|3||2007||Sooryakireedam||George Kithu||Indrajith,Vijay Menon,Unni Sivapal,|
|4||2008||Akasha Gopuram||K. P. Kumaran||Mohanlal,Manoj K. Jayan,Bharath Gopi,
|6||2009||Vellathooval||I. V. Sasi||Rejith Menon,Jagathy Sreekumar,Seema,
|8||2009||Angel John||S. L. P Jayasurya||Mohanlal,Jagathy Sreekumar,Shanthnoo Bhagyaraj,
|9||2009||Adhe NeramAdhe Idam||M.Prabhu||Jai,Jeeva,Rahul Madhav,
|10||2010||Apoorvaragam||Sibi Malayil||Nishan,Abhishek,Asif Ali,
|11||2010||Anwar||Amal Neerad||Prithviraj,Lal,Vinay Forrt,
|12||2010||Aidondla Aidu||V K Prakash||Devaraj,Shruti,Aniruddh,
C R Simha
|13||2011||Ala Modalaindi||Nandini Reddy||Nani,Rohini,Sneha Ullal,
|14||2011||Urumi||Santosh Sivan||Prithviraj,Vidya Balan,Prabhu Deva,
|15||2011||180||Jayendra||Siddharth,Tanikella Bharani,Priya Anand,
M. S. Narayana
|16||2011||Violin||Sibi Malayil||Asif Ali,Lakshmi R,Vijayaraghavan,
|17||2011||Veppam||Anjana Ali Khan||Nani,Karthik Kumar,Bindu Madhavi,
|18||2011||Makaramanju||Lenin Rajendran||Santhosh Sivan,Bala, Karthika Nair,Lakshmi Sharma,
|19||2011||Jogayya||Prem||Shivaraj Kumar,Sumit Kaur Atwal,Pooja Gandhi|
|20||2012||Ishq||Vikram K. Kumar||Nitin,Sindhu Tolani,Ajay, Nagneedu,
|21||2012||ThalsamayamOru Penkutty||T. K. Rajeev Kumar||Unni Mukundan,Manianpilla Raju,Shwetha Menon|
|22||2012||Karmayogi||V. K. Prakash||Indrajith,Saiju Kurup,Padmini Kolhapure|
|23||2012||Ustad Hotel||Anwar Rasheed||Dulquer Salmaan,Siddique,Thilakan,
|24||2012||Bachelor Party||Amal Neerad||Asif Ali,Vinayakan,Indrajith,
|25||2012||Okkadine||Srinivas Raga||Nara Rohith,M. S. Narayana,Naga Babu,
Kota Srinivasa Rao,
|26||2012||50 Percent Love||Sibi Malayil||Nishan,Asif Ali|
|27||2012||Dil Se||Sibi Malayil||Asif Ali,Lakshmi R,Nedumudi Venu,Vijayaraghavan,Sreejith Ravi|
|29||2012||Ravi Varma||Lenin Rajendran||Santhosh Sivan,Mallika Kapoor,Karthika Nair,
|30||2012||Poppins||V. K. Prakash||Jayasurya,Indrajith,Meghana Raj,
|31||2012||JK EnumNanbanin Vaazhkai||Cheran||Sharwanand,Santhanam|