Biography / trivia
* Preity Zinta was born on 31st Jan 1975 in Shimla, India to Durganand Zinta and Nilprabha. Her father was serving Indian Army as an officer. Her father died in a car accident when she was just 13 years old. She was brought up by her mother. She has two siblings Deepankar & Manish.
* She attended Convent of Jesus & Mary boarding school and St Bede’s College in Shimla. She developed interest for literature during her school days and she was playing basketball during her free time.
* Zinta entered the film industry with blockbuster “Dil Se..” in 1998 and her performance was appreciated by the critics earning her Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut.
* She founded film production company named “PZNZ Media” in 2011 and she owns Kings XI Punjab team in partnership with Ness Wadia.
* She is the only bollywood celebrity who dared to give statement in court against Indian mafia in Bharat Shah case 2003 and her courage was appreciated by the media and people around the world. She even received “Godfrey Phillips National Bravery Award” for such a bold step which posed a great threat to her life. She also referred as “The only man in Bollywood”.
* Apart from films she works for BBC News Online and wrote several most read articles which includes “The changing face of Bollywood”, “Odds stacked against Indian women” “The darkness that all actors fear” etc.
* Zinta participated in many humanitarian work which includes protesting against female infanticide, AIDS awareness, cleaning Mumbai, blood donation, etc.
* In 1990s decade Zinta worked for blockbusters like Soldier in 1998 alongside Raakhee and Bobby Deol, for which she won “Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut” award, Telugu film Raja Kumarudu in 1999 opposite Mahesh Babu which was dubbed into Hindi “Dulhan Dilwale Ki”.
* 2000s decade was golden era in her film career, she appeared in successful films like Kya Kehna in 2000 opposite Saif Ali Khan, Mission Kashmir alongside Sanjay Dutt, Hrithik Roshan and Sonali Kulkarni, Dil Chahta Hai in 2001 with Aamir Khan, Akshaye Khanna, Saif Ali Khan, Sonali Kulkarni and Dimple Kapadia, Chori Chori Chupke Chupke opposite Salman Khan and Rani Mukerji, for which she earned Filmfare nomination, The Hero: Love Story of a Spy in 2003 with Sunny Deol and Priyanka Chopra, Koi… Mil Gaya opposite Rekha and Hrithik Roshan, Kal Ho Naa Ho opposite Shahrukh Khan, Saif Ali Khan and Jaya Bachchan for which she received Filmfare Best Actress Award, Veer-Zaara in 2004 alongside Shahrukh Khan and Rani Mukerji for which she received Filmfare nomination, Salaam Namaste in 2005 with Saif Ali Khan and Arshad Warsi, Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna in 2006 opposite Shahrukh Khan, Abhishek Bachchan, Rani Mukherjee and Amitabh Bachchan.
“I believe in good deeds, in karma, I don’t believe in going to temples. For me, religion is very personal. It’s all about having faith … We have heard and read that all religions are equal. Now I am increasingly believing in this.”
“To be brave is not to be fearless. It is when you fear and you get over it, then you can be called brave. I am human. It is not that I fear nothing. But getting over a fear is a continuous process and I have been successful so far.”
“I never intended to be an actor. It was not something I thought I would be, it was not something I dreamt of. I think it was my destiny to be an actor as Shekhar told me, because my best friend’s boyfriend went to audition and I had an exam in the opposite building on male sexuality and I went to pick him up because we were supposed to share a cab, and the director saw me there and asked me to audition.”
“I do believe that in life opportunities come and they knock and its very important that you open that door, you go in that door and make the most out of it.”
Filmography / all movies list
|1998||Dil Se||Mani Ratnam||Shahrukh Khan,Manisha Koirala|
|-||Soldier||Abbas Burmawalla||Bobby Deol,Raakhee,Farida Jalal|
|-||Premante Idera||Jayant Paranji||Venkatesh,Ranganath,Sivaji Raja,Srihari|
|1999||Raja Kumarudu||Raghavendra Rao||Mahesh Babu,Prakash Raj,Sumalatha,Jayaprakash|
|-||Sangharsh||Tanuja Chandra||Akshay Kumar,Ashutosh Rana|
|2000||Kya Kehna||Kundan Shah||Saif Ali Khan,Chandrachur Singh,Farida Jalal,Anupam Kher|
|-||Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega||Raj Kanwar||Salman Khan,Rani Mukerji,Paresh Rawal,Kamini Kaushal,Shakti Kapoor|
|-||Mission Kashmir||V V Chopra||Hrithik Roshan,Sanjay Dutt,Jackie Shroff,Sonali Kulkarni|
|2001||Farz||Raj Kanwar||Sunny Deol,Jackie Shroff,Farida Jalal,Pooja Batra|
|-||Chori ChoriChupke Chupke||Abbas-Mustan||Salman Khan,Rani Mukerji,Amrish Puri,Farida Jalal,Dalip Tahil,Johnny Lever|
|-||Dil Chahta Hai||Farhan Akhtar||Aamir Khan,Saif Ali Khan,Sonali Kulkarni,Akshaye Khanna,Dimple Kapadia|
|-||Yeh RaasteHain Pyaar Ke||Deepak Shivdasani||Ajay Devgan,Madhuri Dixit,Deep Dhillon,Vikram Gokhale|
|2002||Dil Hai Tumhaara||Kundan Shah||Rekha,Mahima Chaudhry,Jimmy Shergill,Arjun Rampal|
|2003||The Hero||Anil Sharma||Sunny Deol,Priyanka Chopra,Kabir Bedi,Amrish Puri|
|-||Armaan||Honey Irani||Anil Kapoor,Amitabh Bachchan,Randhir Kapoor,Gracy Singh|
|-||Koi… Mil Gaya||Rakesh Roshan||Hrithik Roshan,Rekha,Rakesh Roshan,Rajat Bedi,Prem Chopra|
|-||Kal Ho Naa Ho||Nikhil Advani||Shahrukh Khan,Jaya Bachchan,Saif Ali Khan|
|2004||Lakshya||Farhan Akhtar||Hrithik Roshan,Amitabh Bachchan,Om Puri,Boman Irani,Sharad Kapoor,Rajendranath Zutshi|
|-||Dil Ne Jise Apna Kahaa||Atul Agnihotri||Salman Khan,Bhoomika Chawla,Helen,Rati Agnihotri,Renuka Shahane|
|-||Veer-Zaara||Yash Chopra||Shahrukh Khan,Kirron Kher,Rani Mukerji,Divya Dutta,Anupam Kher,Boman Irani|
|2005||Khullam KhullaPyaar Karen||Harmesh Malhotra||Govinda,Kader Khan,Prem Chopra,Sadashiv Amrapurkar,Johnny Lever,Mohnish Behl,Himani Shivpuri|
|-||Salaam Namaste||Siddharth Anand||Saif Ali Khan,Tania Zaetta,Arshad Warsi,Jugal Hansraj,Javed Jaffrey|
|2006||Kabhi AlvidaNaa Kehna||Karan Johar||Shahrukh Khan,Amitabh Bachchan,Abhishek Bachchan,Rani Mukerji,Kirron Kher|
|-||Jaan-E-Mann||Shirish Kunder||Akshay Kumar,Salman Khan,Anupam Kher|
|2007||Jhoom Barabar Jhoom||Shaad Ali||Abhishek Bachchan,Bobby Deol,Amitabh Bachchan,Lara Dutta|
|-||The Last Lear||Rituparno Ghosh||Amitabh Bachchan,Arjun Rampal,Divya Dutta,Jisshu Sengupta,Shefali Shah|
|2008||Heroes||Samir Karnik||Salman Khan,Mithun Chakraborty,Sunny Deol,Bobby Deol,Sohail Khan,Amrita Arora,Vatsal Sheth|
|-||Heaven on Earth||Deepa Mehta||Vansh Bhardwaj,Ramanjit Kaur|
|2012||Har Pall||Jahnu Barua||Dharmendra,Shiney Ahuja,Isha Koppikar|
|2013||Ishkq in Paris||Prem Soni||Isabelle Adjani,Arjun Rampal|
|2013||Bhaiyyaji Superhitt||Neerraj Pathak||Sunny Deol,Mithun Chakraborty,Ameesha Patel,|