|Nick Name||Riya Dev Varma|
|Date of Birth||January 24, 1981|
|Birth Place||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Riya Sen Height||5’5″|
|Eye colour||Light Brown|
|Father||Bharat Dev Varma|
|Ex-Boy Friend||Ashmit Patel|
|College Days||Rani Birla College, National Institute of Fashion Technology.|
|Skills||Kathak dance and kickboxing.|
|Languages known||Hindi, English|
|Favourite Stars||Salman Khan, Shahrukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai|
|First movie||Love You Hamesha|
Biography / trivia
* Riya Sen was born on 24th Jan 1981 in Kolkata to Bharat Dev Varma and Moon Moon Se.
* Her mother Moon Moon Sen is noted Bollywood actress who debuted in Andar Baahar in 1984 opposite Anil Kapoor, Jackie Shroff and others.
* Actress Raima Sen is her elder sister who made her debut with Godmother in 1999.
* Riya Sen’s father belongs to a royal family of Tripura and related to many royal dynasties which ruled places like Cooch Behar, Jaipur, Baroda etc.
* Riya attended ‘Loreto House’ & ‘Rani Birla Girls’ College’ in Kolkata. She completed fashion designing course at National Institute of Fashion Technology, till today she prefers to design her own cloths in her movies.
* She is also well trained in Kathak, belly dancing and kickboxing.
* The actress has been romantically linked with John Abraham at the beginning of her career. She later dated Ashmit Patel but broke up when a MMS was released on internet showing in private lip lock. Riya denied the authenticity of the clip.
* The actress worked in Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and English language movies.
* As a model, she worked for Margarita King, Limca, Reliance Industries, Nirma, Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate, Colgate, Lakme and Dabur Vatika.
* The actress appeared partially nude in Dabboo Ratnani’s annual calendar. It was a grand success and she became the only female who appeared on the calendar for four consecutive years from 2004 to 2007.
* She was ranked ninth in the list of “50 Most Beautiful Women” published by Femina magazine in 2007.
* Riya entered the films as a child artist in Vishkanya in 1991 as young Pooja Bedi. Her debut as a lead was in 1999 with Tamil film Taj Mahal opposite Manoj. Her Bollywood debut was with Style in 2001 with Sharman Joshi and Sahil Khan.
* In her over a decade career Riya worked for commercially successful films like Qayamat: City Under Threat in 2003 with Ajay Devgan and Sunil Shetty, Ananthabhadram in 2005 alongside Prithviraj Sukumaran and Kavya Madhavan, Shaadi No. 1 in 2005 with Fardeen Khan, Zayed Khan and others, Heyy Baby in 2007 as an item girl, Heroes in 2008 with Mithun Chakraborty, Sunny Deol, Salman Khan and others, Paying Guests in 2009 with Vatsal Seth, Shreyas Talpade and others.
- Jhumka Gira Re
- Yaad Piya Ki Aane Lagi
- Chudi jo khanki
- Jab Samne Tum
- Kahin Kahin Se
- Jeena Hai Tere Liye
- Sutta Maro
Filmography / all movies list
|1||1991||Vishkanya||Jag Mundhra||Pooja Bedi, Moon Moon Sen,Kabir Bedi|
|2||1999||Taj Mahal||Bharathi Raja||Manoj Bharatiraaja|
|3||–||Good Luck||Manoj Bhatnaghar||Prashanth, Sukanya,Raghuvaran|
|4||2001||Style||N. Chandra||Sharman Joshi, Shilpi Mudgal,Sahil Khan|
|5||–||Mone Pore Tomake||M R Akbar||Humayun Faridi,Shanta Islam,Riyaz Ahmed|
|6||2002||Dil Vil Pyar Vyar||Anant Mahadevan||R. Madhavan,Namrata Shirodkar,Sanjay Suri,Jimmy Shergill|
|7||2003||Saazish||Rajat Rawail||Milind Soman,Reshmi Ghosh,Aryan Vaid|
|8||–||Qayamat||Harry Baweja||Ajay Devgan,Sunil Shetty,Arbaaz Khan,Sanjay Kapoor|
|9||–||Jhankaar Beats||Sujoy Ghosh||Sanjay Suri,Juhi Chawla,Rahul Bose|
|10||2004||Dil Ne Jise Apna Kahaa||Atul Agnihotri||Salman Khan,Bhoomika Chawla,Preity Zinta|
|11||–||Plan||Hriday Shetty||Sanjay Dutt,Priyanka Chopra,Sanjay Suri,Dino Morea|
|12||–||Arasatchi||N. Maharajan||Arjun Sarja,Raghuvaran,Lara Dutta|
|13||2005||Ananthabhadram||Santhosh Sivan||Prithviraj Sukumaran,Kavya Madhavan,Manoj K Jayan|
|14||–||Shaadi No. 1||David Dhawan||Sanjay Dutt,Fardeen Khan,Sharman Joshi,Zayed Khan,Esha Deol|
|15||–||Tum… Ho Na!||Raj Bharath||Preeti Ganguly,Nethra Raghuraman,Sumit Nijhawan|
|16||–||James||Rohit Jugraj||Mohit Ahlawat,Snehal Dabi,Mohan Agashe|
|17||–||Silsiilay||Khalid Mohammed||Tabu,Jimmy Shergill,Bhoomika Chawla|
|18||–||It Was Raining That Night||Mahesh Manjrekar||Riyaz Ahmed,Mahesh Manjrekar,Victor Banerjee|
|19||2006||Apna Sapna Money Money||Sangeeth Sivan||Ritesh Deshmukh,Sunil Shetty,Celina Jaitley|
|20||–||The Bachelor||Ajay Sinha||Sharman Joshi,Raima Sen,Himani Shivpuri|
|21||–||Rokda||Ramesh Kotar||Ashmit Patel,Arshad Warsi,Tanushree Dutta,Shamita Shetty|
|22||–||Love You Hamesha||Kailash Surendranath||Rishma Malik,Akshaye Khanna,Sonali Bendre|
|23||2007||Heyy Baby||Sajid Khan||Akshay Kumar,Riteish Deshmukh,Fardeen Khan,Vidya Balan|
|24||–||Nenu Meeku Telusa…?||Ajay Shastri||Manoj Manchu,Sneha Ullal|
|25||2008||Heroes||Samir Karnik||Salman Khan,Mithun Chakraborty,Sunny Deol,Bobby Deol|
|26||–||Zor LagaaKe… Hayya||Girish Girija Joshi||Mithun Chakraborty,Seema Biswas,Mahesh Manjrekar|
|27||2009||Love Khichdi||Srinivas Bhashyam||Randeep Hooda,Divya Dutta,Rituparna Sengupta|
|28||–||Paying Guests||Paritosh Painter||G. Asrani,Sayali Bhagat,Neha Dhupia|
|29||2010||Benny and Babloo||Yunus Sajawal||Kay Kay Menon,Shweta Tiwari,Rajpal Yadav|
|30||–||Abohoman||Rituparno Ghosh||Jishu Sengupta,Mamata Shankar,Deepankar De|
|31||2011||Noukadubi||Rituparno Ghosh||Prosenjit Chatterjee,Jishu Sengupta|
|32||2013||Krrish 3||Rakesh Roshan||Hrithik Roshan,Rekha,Kangna Ranaut|