|Date of Birth||1 January 1975|
|Spouse||Goldie Behl [Nov 12, 2002]|
|Son||Ranvir [Aug 9, 2005]|
|Schoool Days||Kendriya Vidyalaya, Mumbai|
|Languages worked||Hindi, Marathi, Telugu, Tamil and Kannada|
|Titles||Filmfare Lux New Face Award, 1995|
|Favourite Book||Folk of the Faraway Tree, Bridge Across Forever, Kane and Abel.|
|Address||A/203 Building 34, Paradise Apartments, Swami Samarth Nagar, 1st Cross , LaneAndheri (W), Mumbai 400 053INDIA|
Biography / trivia
* Sonali Bendre was born on 1st January 1975 in Mumbai.
* She attended ‘Kendriya Vidyalaya’ Bangalore, ’Holy Cross Convent High School’, Thane and ‘Welham Girls School’, Dehradun.
* When Michael Jackson visited India in November 1996 Sonali welcomed him with traditional nauvari sari.
* Sonali is married to noted director Goldie Behl in 2002, the couple gave birth to a son, Ranveer on 11th Aug 2005.
* She started her career as a model before entering films, her Bollywood debut was with Aag in 1994 with Govinda.
* The actress was booked in a case of alleged obscenity and also a warrant was issued when her controversial image was published in Showtime magazine in March 1998
* She was also in trouble when she was listed in poaching case along with Salman Khan and Tabu but however she was acquitted later.
* The actress supported the on-going peace process, and stressed the need for cultural exchange between India and Pakistan.
* Her favorite books are Enid Blyton’s Folk of the Faraway Tree, Richard Bach’s Bridge Across Forever and Jeffrey Archer’s Kane and Abel.
* She believes in the philosophy of Live and let live.
* The actress is afraid of closed doors and darkness!!
* She served as a judge in shows like Indian Idol 4, Hindustan Ke Hunarbaaz, India’s Got Talent, India’s Best Dramebaaz etc.
* In her two decades career she appeared in many commercially successful films like Diljale in 1996 alongside Ajay Devgn and Madhoo, Rakshak with Suniel Shetty, Karishma Kapoor and Raveena Tandon, Sapoot with Akshay Kumar, Sunil Shetty and Karisma Kapoor, Bhai in 1997 opposite Akshay Kumar, Keemat – They Are Back in 1998 alongside Akshay Kumar, Saif Ali Khan and Raveena Tandon, Major Saab opposite Amitabh Bachchan and Ajay Devgan, Angaaray with Akshay Kumar, Hum Saath-Saath Hain in 1999 opposite Salman Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Karisma Kapoor and Tabu, Sarfarosh with Aamir Khan, Preethse in 2000 with Upendra and Shivrajkumar, Murari in 2001 with Mahesh Babu, Indra in 2002 alongside Chiranjeevi, Manmadhudu opposite Akkineni Nagarjuna.
“My friends feel my body is a manufacturing defect. When people look at me they see only my body, not my acting. My effort isn’t recognized. I want people to snap out this beauty thing and notice my work.”
“I’ve never hidden my relationship with Goldie Behl, I am dating him. If we get engaged tomorrow, I have no qualms about telling the world.”
“I like Sunil and I can never forget the vibes we shared in those good old days. He was very nice to me but the rumours of our romance ruined things between us. Even though we’re polite with one another today, there are visible cracks in our relationship.” [About Sunil Shetty]
“A lot of awkwardness and freeze has set in between Sonali and me, and howmuchever fond I may be of the kid, even professionally speaking, maybe it is better for both of us that we don’t work together. It’s not worth it in the long run but I am happy that she is doing well and I wish her all the best for the future.” [Sunil Shetty about sonali]
“Whenever some good offer comes, I am ready to clinch it,” [Showing her interest to act even after her marriage]
”My most memorable role was in ‘Anahat’, a Marathi movie directed by Amol Palekar. Marathi is my mother tongue and I loved doing the film and felt very comfortable,”
Filmography / all movies list
|1||1994||Aag||Ravi Shankar||Govinda,Shilpa Shetty|
|2||-||Naaraaz||Mahesh Bhatt||Mithun Chakraborty,Pooja Bhatt|
|3||1995||The Don||Farogh Siddique||Sadashiv Amrapurkar,Rana Jung Bahadur|
|4||-||Gaddaar||Deepak Sareen||Sunil Shetty,Harish Kumar|
|5||-||Takkar||B Rangacharya||Suniel Shetty,Naseeruddin Shah|
|6||1996||Rakshak||Ashok Honda||Suniel Shetty,Karishma Kapoor|
|7||-||English Babu Desi Mem||Praveen Nischol||Shahrukh Khan,Sunny Singh|
|8||-||Diljale||Harry Baweja||Ajay Devgn,Madhoo|
|9||-||Sapoot||J A. Sharma||Akshay Kumar,Karisma Kapoor,Sunil Shetty|
|10||1997||Bhai||Deepak Shivdasani||Sunil Shetty,Pooja Batra|
|11||-||Tarazu||Vimal Kumar||Akshay Kumar,Mohnish Bahl|
|12||-||Qahar||Rajkumar Kohli||Sunny Deol,Sunil Shetty|
|13||1998||Keemat||Sameer Malkan||Akshay Kumar,Saif Ali Khan|
|14||-||Duplicate||ahesh Bhatt||Kajol,Shah Rukh Khan,Juhi Chawla|
|15||-||Humse Badhkar Kaun||Deepak Anand||Sunil Shetty,Saif Ali Khan|
|16||-||Major Saab||Tinnu Anand||Amitabh Bachchan,Ajay Devgn|
|17||-||Angaaray||Mahesh Bhatt||Akshay Kumar,Nagarjuna|
|18||-||Zakhm||Mahesh Bhatt||Ajay Devgn,Pooja Bhatt|
|20||-||Kannodu Kanbathellam||Prabu Solomon||Arjun,Suchindra|
|21||-||Hum Saath Saath Hain||S R. Barjatya||Salman Khan,Saif Ali Khan,Karisma Kapoor|
|22||-||Dahek||Lateef Binni||Akshaye Khanna,Danny Dengzongpa|
|23||-||Sarfarosh||J.M Matthan||Aamir Khan,Mukesh Rishi|
|24||2000||Dil Hi Dil Mein||Kathir||Kalpana Iyer,Anupam Kher|
|25||-||Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai||Satish Kaushik||Anil Kapoor,Aishwariya Rai|
|26||-||Jis Desh Mein Ganga Rehta Hain||Mahesh Manjrekar||Govinda,Rinke Khanna|
|28||2001||Murari||Krishna Vamsi||Mahesh Babu,Prakash Raj|
|29||-||Love You Hamesha||Kailash Surendranath||Akshaye Khanna,Rishma Malik|
|30||-||Love Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega||E. Niwas||Saif Ali Khan,Aftab Shivdasani|
|31||-||Tera Mera Saath Rahen||Mahesh Manjreker||Ajay Devgn,Namrata Shirodkar|
|32||2002||Indra||B. Gopal||Chiranjeevi,Arti Agarwal|
|33||-||Khadgam||Krishna Vamsi||Srikanth,Ravi Teja,Prakash Raj|
|34||-||Manmadhudu||Vijaya Bhaskar||Akkineni Nagarjuna,Anshu|
|35||2003||Anahat||Amol Palekar||Anant Nag,Deepti Naval|
|36||-||Pyaar Kiya Nahin Jaatha||Mahesh Manjrekar||Nikhil Chinapa,Diwakar Pundir|
|37||-||Palanati Brahmanaidu||B. Gopal||Balakrishna,Arti Agarwal|
|38||-||Chori Chori||Milan Luthria||Ajay Devgan,Rani Mukerji|
|39||-||Kal Ho Naa Ho||Nikhil Advani||Shahrukh Khan,Preity Zinta,Saif Ali Khan|
|40||2004||Shankar Dada MBBS||J C. Paranjee||Chiranjeevi,Paresh Rawal|
|41||2004||Aga Bai Arrecha!||Kedar Shinde||Sanjay Narvekar,Dilip Prabhavalkar|
|42||2013||Once Upon a Time in Mumbai Again||Milan Luthria||Akshay Kumar, Sonakshi Sinha, Imran Khan|