Sushmita Sen Biography / Biodata
|Name||Sushmita Sen / Sushmitha Sen|
|Date of Birth||November 19th 1975|
|Birth Place||Hyderabad,Andhra Pradesh,India|
|Sushmita Sen Height||5’11″|
|Schoool Days||Air Force Golden Jubilee Institute in Delhi.|
|Lime Light||At The Age of 18 as Miss Universe|
|First movie_______||Dastak ,1996|
Sushmita Sen biography / trivia
* Sushmita Sen was born on 19th Nov 1975 in Hyderabad to Shuber Sen, Air Force officer & Subhra Sen, a jewelry designer.
* Her schooling was done at “Air Force Golden Jubilee Institute” in Delhi & “St. Ann’s High School” in Secunderabad.
* She has a sister, Neelam & a brother, Rajeev.
* Sushmita’s mother tongue is Bengali.
* The actress adopted a girl named Renee in 2000 as a single mother, she was just 25 years old when she did it hence she became the first youngest Indian lady to adopt a child. In 2010 she adopted another girl named Alisah.
* Sushmita dated few noted personalities in Bollywood, she dated Rajat Tara before winning Miss Universe, she also dated actor Randeep Hooda during 2004 to 2006, after the breakup Randeep said “The break-up was the best thing that happened to me and I realised that I gave it too much time in my life. It freed my energy to do things for myself.” she dated Mudassar Aziz for sometime & broke up in 2010,
* Sushmita won the title of “Femina Miss India” in 1994 wherein Aishwarya Rai was the runner up. She also won the title of “Miss Universe” in 1994.
* Sushmita is the first Indian to win a Miss Universe Title in 1994.
* Sushmita Sen and Konkona Sen Sharma joined hands together in a project called ‘Shiksha’ the object is to provide provide education to underprivileged children.
* She planned a career in journalism but accidentally landed in cinema.
* Her debut movie, Dastak in 1996, the film didn’t do well at the box office.
* She was listed at number 10 of ‘Top Bollywood Actresses’ of 2006.
* In 2000s decade she appeared in commercial hits like Aankhen in 2002 alongside Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar and Arjun Rampal, Main Hoon Na in 2004 with Shahrukh Khan, Sunil Shetty, Zayed Khan and Amrita Rao, Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya? in 2005 opposite Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Sohail Khan and Arshad Warsi.
Sushmita Sen quotes
“I don’t touch alcohol. I only drink a Coca Cola or a Thums Up, even if I take a drop of wine I’ll drop down. Most people who form this judgement that I drink have never even met me. So it’s wrong to form an judgement like that. As far as being a smoker is concerned, yes, I do smoke.”
“A lot of people have told me I’ll die young which is strange because I already feel I’ve lived a lifetime. Honestly, I don’t believe in all these predictions and soothsayers because if they were so correct then they would all be millionaires by now. Sometimes I do hear them out just for my own amusement.”
“People don’t realise that people can’t become famous or celebrities or whatever you call it unless and until people recognise you to be one. India recognised me to be one. I knew that if I had to work I wouldn’t have to struggle in India again, whereas I would have to do so abroad.”
“I can sleep for two hours and wake up in the morning and still be active but for an actress, it is very important to get a good sleep!”
“As Femina Miss India, I saw so many poor children and from so close, that I wanted to adopt a girl child. It took me years to get one.”
“I’m basically a very impulsive person and I have always done what I’ve felt is right. Therefore I’ve just followed my instincts. If they turn out right I’ll call it strategy”
“I have many memorable moments in my treasure-chest of memories but the day I became a mother is something special. On June 30, 2000 the courts handed me my daughter, Renee. I loved Renee from the first time I laid eyes on her.”
“I am totally a beach person. I love South America and I’ve been there lots of times, specially Venezuela and Brazil. They are great vacation cities. There is not a single country in South America that I have not been to. Among the places I haven’t seen but which I would love to visit, Spain tops my list.”
“Yes, I am a night person but I prefer staying awake at home till late at night. I rarely go to any pub. I would rather hang out at home with loud music and dance in my room. Abroad I love going to restaurants like ‘Sky Bar’ in Los Angeles and ‘Tao’ in New York.”
“I feel I started my life when I won at Goa – The Miss India contest. Then another memorable moment was when I won the Miss Universe crown in Manila. But none of those moments compare to what I felt on July 31 in 2001. That was when the court gave me Renee’s adoption rights. Renee means “to be born again”, and after having her in my life, I feel reborn. I don’t want anything to go wrong for her ever. So I am that much more careful with my life now. No more rash driving. Being a mother, I don’t think anything has topped the moment yet.”
”The reason why I wanted to be famous! No one’s asked me that one so I am going to tell it now. I have always thought that a person is born, lives his life, goes through life in a certain way, maybe does some good things that everyone applauds… maybe your family, maybe your friends. But when you die, you want to have touched a few more lives. You want people to feel the loss when you go and miss you. I want to be famous because I want my fans to become my extended family.”
“I’m 30, and enjoying every bit of it. I haven’t changed a thing that I don’t like wearing and the only reason I don’t wear it is ‘coz I don’t like it on myself. I reveal when I feel like it. It’s about freedom of choice, not age. If you are comfortable with it, wear it.”
Sushmita Sen all movies list and latest films 2012 2013
|1||1996||Dastak||Mahesh Bhatt||Mukul Dev,Sharad Kapoor|
|2||1997||Zor||Sangeeth Sivan||Sunny Deo,Milind Gunaji,
|4||1999||Sirf Tum||Agathian||Sanjay Kapoor,Priya Gill,|
|5||-||Hindustan Ki Kasam||Veeru Devgan||Amitabh Bachchan,Ajay Devgan,|
|6||-||Biwi No.1||David Dhawan||Salman Khan,Karisma Kapoor,
|7||2000||Aaghaaz||Yogesh Ishwar||Sunil Shetty,Namrata Shirodkar|
|8||2001||Kyo Kii… Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta||David Dhawan||Govinda,Rambha|
|9||-||Bas Itna SaKhwaab Hai||Goldie Behl||Abhishek Bachchan,Rani Mukerji|
|10||2002||Aankhen||Vipul Amrutlal Shah||Amitabh Bachchan,Akshay Kumar,|
|11||-||Tumko Na Bhool Paayenge||Pankaj Parashar||Salman Khan,Diya Mirza|
|12||-||Filhaal…||Meghna Gulzar||Tabu,Sanjay Suri,
|13||2003||Samay||Robby Grewal||Jackie Shroff,Dinesh Lamba|
|14||2004||Vaastu Shastra||Saurab Narang||J. D. Chakravarthy,Ahsaas Channa|
|15||-||Main Hoon Na||Farah Khan||Shahrukh Khan,Sunil Shetty,|
|16||-||Paisa Vasool||Aditya Chopra||Manisha Koirala,Sushant Singh|
|17||2005||Chingaari||Kalpana Lajmi||Mithun Chakraborty,Anuj Sawhney|
|18||-||Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya?||David Dhawan||Salman Khan,Katrina Kaif,
|19||-||Main Aisa Hi Hoon||Harry Baweja||Ajay Devgan,Esha Deol|
|20||-||Bewafaa||Dharmesh Darshan||Akshay Kumar,Anil Kapoor,|
|21||-||It Was Raining That Night||Mahesh Manjrekar||Riaz,Riya Sen|
|22||2006||Zindaggi Rocks||Tanuja Chandra||Shiney Ahuja,Julian Burkhardt|
|23||2007||Aag||Ram Gopal Varma||Amitabh Bachchan,Mohanlal,
|24||2009||Karma Aur Holi||Manish Gupta||Randeep Hooda,Naomi Campbell|
|25||2009||Do Knot Disturb||David Dhawan||Govinda,Lara Dutta,
|26||2010||Dulha Mil Gaya||Mudassar Aziz||Fardeen Khan,Ishita Sharma|
|27||2010||No Problem||Anees Bazmee||Anil Kapoor,Sanjay Dutt,