|Date of Birth||19 March, 1985|
|Birth Place||Jamshedpur, Jharkhand state,India|
|Tanushree Dutta Height||5′ 8|
|Father||Tappan, works for LIC|
|College Days||Graduation in communications in Pune, Maharashtra|
|Dance||She learning Kathak|
|Awards||She won the Femina Miss India title in 2004|
|First movie __||Aashiq Banaya Apne|
Biography / trivia
* Tanushree Dutta was born on 19th March 1984 in Jamshedpur into a Hindu Kayastha family.
* She did her schooling at “D.B.M.S. English School” in Jamshedpur.
* She did her graduation in communications in Pune, Maharashtra.
* Tanushree Dutta loves children, but says that she does not want any of her own.
* After tagged with sexy image Tanushri Dutta has decided not to kiss onscreen again as she feels uncomfortable kissing in front of camera.
* The actress came to limelight when she won the title of Femina Miss India in 2004.
* Tanushree Dutta was also crowned Miss Confidence and Miss Beautiful Smile. The participating judges in the competition were Sanjay Dutt, Fardeen Khan, Bipasha Basu, Ritu Beri, Sonu Nigam, Farah Khan, Madhavan, Saif Ali Khan & Hemant Trivedi.
* During her childhood days Tanushri Dutta was very shy and very introvert due to strict social norms.
* Before entering films she was employed with Oracle Institute for 3 months. There she did many assignments including ramp, print campaign, videos, & commercials.
* She is a Bengali by birth.
* The hot actress was placed among the top ten in the Miss Universe 2004.
* She wears glasses in real life.
* Her dad works for the Life Insurance Corporation of India.
* The actress did many concerts in various parts of India as well as abroad.
* She anchored a Bengali show on Television titled ‘Hoi Hullod’.
* She would like to be identified as an actress rather than being just known as a sex symbol.
* Tanushree Dutta enjoys Cooking, dancing, watching movies and trekking.
* Her Bollywood debut was in 2005 through Aashiq Banaya Apne.
* In 2000 decade she worked for major blockbusters like Aashiq Banaya Apne in 2005 alongside Emraan Hashmi and Sonu Sood, Bhagam Bhag in 2006 alongside Akshay Kumar, Govinda and Lara Dutta, Good Boy, Bad Boy in 2007 with Emraan Hashmi and Tusshar Kapoor, Raqeeb in 2007 opposite Sharman Joshi and Jimmy Shergill,
* In 2010 decade Dutta worked for tamil hit Theeradha Vilaiyattu Pillai opposite Vishal Krishna, Sarah-Jane Dias and Neetu Chandra.
“Yes, I have kissed on-screen, but I don’t feel comfortable doing it.” (2007)
“I am single but not ready to mingle . After my bad experience with Aaditya Datt, I am not going to jump into anything. I strongly believe in destiny. Things happen, when they have to. Right now my family is my first priority and my younger sister, who is studying in class X, needs a lot of attention. So love can wait.”
“Since my childhood I wanted to be in the glamour world. It was my dream to win the Miss India crown. When it happened I wanted to become an international model and feature in FTV.”
“For a small town girl like me with no film connections to make it big in Bollywood so early in my career would seem like a dream.”
“I want to be a queen. I have always been fascinated by the lifestyle of kings and queens and that’s what my dream role is. I want to be known as a good actress as well as a saleable one. I think I’ll make it,”
“I take that as a compliment. I think Bipasha is stunning and has a great body too. But I don’t want to be the next Bipasha Basu; I want people to know me for being Tanushree Dutta,” [on being compared with Bipasha Basu]
”I come from a conservative Bengali family and my personality was groomed according to strict social norms. Therefore i was shy and introvert. But then i went to a boarding school in Pune and my outlook towards life changed. I became more open and friendly and felt confident enough to participate in the Miss India Pageant. Winning the tittle changed my life”
“Every life runs on its own pace and rhythm, and we should not break that. One person can strike gold in ten years, while another can do it in two years. Hard work and focus is the key to success.”
“One can not make a hit by simply fitting kissing scenes in a film; the audience is not a fool,”
“My ambition was to win the Miss India crown and then do something else, but it didn’t go as planned and I landed up here.”
“I really wanted to do something different and I tried playing a negative shade in Raqeeb. And for the first time, critics gave me good reviews and didn’t sum up my performance with phrases like ‘capable of more, sexy and hot, glam doll”
“It seems everybody wants to dress me up. However, every time people have tried doing that, the result has drawn a lot of flak. I don’t know who to blame because I have a decent body and face. I have been a part of the fashion industry and it is an established fact that I can carry off a dress well. Either the designers aren’t making good clothes at all or I am jinxed,”
“For the past few months, I am learning Kathak. It’s all part of my fitness regime. Dancing is the healthy way to remain fit. Since I am doing a lot of stage shows, this is going to help me there too.”
“I’ve enjoyed working with him. His dedication and professionalism is worth praising. He is also a good person. So working with him all along was very easy. His sense of humor really refreshes you.” [About Emraan]
“I want to do a variety of roles, not just those requiring me to look glamorous. For me, it is very important that people know me as a good actress rather than just another sex symbol,??”
Filmography / all movies list
|1||2005||Aashiq Banaya Aapne||Aditya Datt||Emraan Hashmi,Sonu Sood,Navin Nischol,Ashwini Kalsekar|
|2||2005||Veerabhadra||A.S.Ravi Kumar||Balakrishna,Sada,Sayaji Shinde,Prakash Raj|
|3||2005||Chocolate||Vivek Agnihotri||Anil Kapoor,Arshad Warsi,Sunil Shetty,Emraan Hashmi|
|4||2006||Bhagam Bhag||Priyadarshan||Akshay Kumar,Lara Dutta,Govinda,Jackie Shroff|
|5||2007||Risk||Vishram Sawant||Randeep Hooda,Yashpal Sharma,Vinod Khanna,Zakir Hussain|
|6||2007||Good Boy, Bad Boy||Ashwini Chaudhary||Emraan Hashmi,Paresh Rawal,Tusshar Kapoor,Isha Sharvani|
|7||2007||Raqeeb||Anurag Singh||Jimmy Shergill,Sharman Joshi,Rahul Khanna,Vivek Shauq|
|8||2007||Dhol||Priyadarshan||Tusshar Kapoor,Sharman Joshi,Rajpal Yadav,Kunal Khemu|
|9||2007||Speed||Vikram Bhatt||Aftab Shivdasani,Amrita Arora,Zayed Khan,Urmila Matondkar|
|10||2008||Saas Bahu Aur Sensex||Shona Urvashi||Ankur Khanna,Farooq Sheikh,Kiron Kher,Masumi Makhija|
|11||2009||Ramaa||Haadi Abrar||Sahil Khan,Ananya,Dalip Singh Rana,ishita panchal|
|12||2009||Apartment||Jag Mundhra||Rohit Roy,Anupam Kher,Mushtaq Khan,Neetu Chandra|
|13||2010||TheeradhaVilaiyattu Pillai||Thiru||Vishal Krishna,Sarah-Jane Dias,Neetu Chandra,Santhanam|
|14||2010||Rokkk||Rajesh Ranshinge||Udita Goswami,Murli Sharma,Sachin Khedekar,Arif Zakaria|
|15||2013||Rokda||Ramesh Kotar||Arshad Warsi,Riya Sen,Ashmit Patel,Shamita Shetty|
|16||2013||Do Lucky||Neeraj Vora||Govinda,Upen Patel,Tusshar Kapoor,Ameesha Patel|
|17||2013||Mr. Fraud||Abbas||Ajay Devgan,Sanjay Dutt,Bipasha Basu,Anuj Sawhney|