Wedding Photos and Cake
Its really amazing to know that Tom Cruise proposed Katie on the top of the Eiffel tower in Paris on 17th June, 2005..!! Some media even reported that Tom proposed her over a candlelit dinner at the Jules Verne restaurant in the Eiffel Tower. But Cruise announced he had proposed to her at the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Hence it is confirmed that it was on the top of the tower. It was really so romantic and irrisistable for any girl. It was reported that Tom gave Katie a large five carat olitare diamond ring. After few months of dating they were engaged.
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes relationship was famously known as “TomKat”. They started to dominate the media for years with great Gossips of dating and wedding.!!
It was on April 27th, 2005 that “TomKat” made their first public appearance together in Rome for the David di Donatello Awards.
Cruise and Holmes announced on 6th october, 2005 that they were expecting a child soon. on 18th April , 2006, Katie gave birth to a daughter, later named Suri Cruise.
On 18th Nov, 2006, that is seven months after their first child Suri Cruise’s birth, “Tomkat” got married at Odescalchi Castle in Italy. It was even debated that it was just a show as they were already married even before that ceremonial marriage in Bracciano, Italy.
According to a statement: “As is customary for couples marrying outside of the United States, Cruise and Holmes officialized their marriage in Los Angeles prior to their departure for Italy.”
* Date: 18th Nov, 2006. But actual date is unknown, probably few weeks earlier.
* Wedding location: 15th-century Odescalchi Castle, in Italy.
* It was a Scientology wedding
* Wedding Guests: It was his friends, celebrities etc. The guests names include Martin, Kathy Holmes, Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony, Jada Pinkett Smith, Jenna Elfman, Cameron Crowe, Leah Remini, Paula Wagner, Chris Henchy, Jim Carrey, Brooke Shields, Jenny McCarthy, John Travolta, Kelly Preston, Steven Spielberg, Angelo Pagan, Will Smith etc.
* The couple’s rings were white gold Cartier with diamonds.
* The wedding cake was Five-tiered white chocolate, decorated with marzipan roses and studded with white chocolate chips.
* It was a great disappointment for the Fans and media as they were kept at a safe distance from the castle. Police prevented all unauthorized GUESTS from getting too close.
* The couple went to Maldives, for celebrating their honeymoon. But interestingly their daughter Suri and Tom’s best man, David Miscavige joined them.
“I’m totally in love. He’s amazing, he’s kind, he’s generous. He made me laugh like I’ve never laughed. I feel like he’s made my life.” [Katie, 2005]
“I want to marry her as soon as possible. You have to do what you feel is right. It’s your own integrity and how you want to live your life.” [Tom, 2005]
“Today is a magnificent day for me, I’m engaged to a magnificent woman” [Tom]
“If the girl wants the wedding, you gotta do the wedding. It’s a special occasion, and she’ll remember it forever.”
“Something magnificent has happened to me and something extraordinary, and I’m so happy I just can’t restrain myself” [Tom]
“Tom Cruise is famously controlling, and he’s certainly been in charge of this wedding. Not only did he help choose Katie’s wedding dress, but he’s been on top of every detail from the menu to the gift bags. He’s even said to have demanded that Katie go on a rigorous diet and fitness regimen to quickly lose her baby weight before the wedding. And of course, he’s insisting that she change her name to Kate Cruise.” [Nina Callaway about Tom’s control in the marriage]