|Date of Birth||Feb 4, 1974|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Height||5 ‘ 4″|
|Hair colour||Light brown|
|Address||93/14, Sanman,Lokhandwala Road, Andheri (W),Bombay 400058 INDIA|
Biography / trivia
* Urmila Matondkar was born on 4th Feb 1974 in Mumbai to a Kudaldeshkar family.
* Asha Bhosle sang the maximum number of songs in the 90’s and the 2000’s, for Urmila Matondkar .
* She was one of the most famous sex symbols of the 1990’s.
* Nowadays The actress is showing her keen interest in artistic movies. She is not just sexy but proved to be a very good actress.
* She made her film debut with Kalyug in 1981 alongside Shashi Kapoor and Rekha, She entered films in a lead role with Bade Ghar Ki Beti in 1989 in a small role.
* Her first big hit was the Rangeela in 1995.
* Since Rangeela there were rumors about Urmila Matondkar and Ram Gopal verma. She always denied any relationship except that of professional.
* Painting & singing are her other passions, she even sung a song with Asha Bhosle for the album ‘Asha And Friends’.
* She served as a one of the judges on TV dance shows like ‘Chak Dhoom Dhoom’ on Colors in 2011, ‘Dance Maharashtra Dance’ on Zee Marathi in 2012.
* In her film career spreading over decades she worked for major commercial hits like Malayalam film Chanakyan in 1989 alongside Kamal Haasan and Jayaram, Gaayam in 1993 opposite Jagapathi Babu and Revathi, Rangeela in 1995 opposite Aamir Khan and Jackie Shroff, Anaganaga Oka Roju in 1997 with J. D. Chakravarthy, Judaai in 1997 alongside Anil Kapoor and Sridevi, Satya in 1998 opposite J.D Chakravarthy, Kaun with Manoj Bajpai, Jaanam Samjha Karo in 1999 opposite Salman Khan, Hum Tum Pe Marte Hain with Govinda and Dimple Kapadia, Bhoot in 2003 with Ajay Devgn, Jungle in 2000 with Sunil Shetty and Fardeen Khan, Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya in 2001 alongside Fardeen Khan and Sonali Kulkarni.
“Frankly, I haven’t found any such person yet. I wouldn’t like to be frivolous about my relationships or marriage.” [told on12th Dec 2006 ]
“Well I don’t plan anything. Marriage will happen when it has to happen. I respect the institution. I take each day as it comes. So when the time comes I’ll be married. Right now I just want to work hard and concentrate in my work and be happy and contend with what I have and what I am.”
“I honestly feel that what we are doing is no big deal. After Sridevi, none of us can even claim, we are such big stars.”
“Yes, I always liked acting, but never ever thought it would be my profession. I wanted to study since my family has an academic background. I never went to producers’ offices asking for work. Someone happened to suggest my name to N. Chandra and then to others, and that’s how I got my earlier films.”
“Absolutely sensational, fantastic, brilliant. I have no adjectives. I just think, this is a lifetime opportunity and I have really tried to make the most of it, I’ve been a big fan Helen fan. So it was entirely challenging,” [speaking about her role in Gopal Varma’s Aag]
“I haven’t patented my acting style. So anybody is free to copy it as and when desired. Many actresses have already tried it, successfully or unsuccessfully.”
Filmography / all movies list
|1||1980||Kalyug||Shyam Benegal||Shashi Kapoor,Raj Babbar,Rekha|
|2||–||Zakol||Shreeram Lagoo||Shreeram Lagoo,Tanuja|
|3||1983||Masoom||Shekhar Kapur||Naseeruddin Shah,Shabana Azmi|
|4||1984||Bhavna||Pravin Bhatt||Shabana Azmi,Saeed Jaffrey,Marc Zuber|
|5||1985||Sur Sangam||Vishwanath||Girish Karnad,Jayapradha|
|6||1987||Dacait||Rahul Rawail||Sunny Deol,Suresh Oberoi,Meenakshi Sheshadri|
|7||–||Zindagi||Ved Rahi||Supriya Pathak,Sharmila Tagore|
|8||1989||Bade Ghar Ki Beti||Kalpataru||Rishi Kapoor,Meenakshi Seshadri|
|9||–||Chanakyan||Rajeev Kumar||Kamal Haasan,Thilakan,Jayaram|
|10||1991||Narasimha||N. Chandra||Sunny Deol,Dimple Kapadia,Om Puri|
|11||1992||Antham||Ram Gopal Varma||Nagarjuna Akkineni,Danny Denzongpa|
|12||1993||Shreemaan Aashique||Deepak Anand||Rishi Kapoor,Bindu|
|13||–||Gaayam||Ram Gopal Varma||Jagapathi Babu,Revathi|
|14||–||Bedardi||Krishnakant Pandya||Ajay Devgn,Naseeruddin Shah|
|15||1994||Kanoon||Sushma Shiromani||Ajay Devgn,Kiran Kumar|
|16||–||Aa Gale Lag Ja||Hamid Ali Khan||Jugal Hansraj,Paresh Rawal|
|17||1995||Rangeela||Ram Gopal Varma||Aamir Khan,Jackie Shroff|
|18||–||Thacholi Varghese Chekavar||Rajeev Kumar||Mohanlal,Vineeth|
|19||1996||Indian||Shankar||Kamal Haasan,Manisha Koirala|
|20||1997||Judaai||Raj Kanwar||Anil Kapoor,Sridevi|
|21||–||Mere Sapno Ki Rani||Raghavendra Rao||Asrani,Rakesh Bedi,Laxmikant Berde|
|22||–||Anaganaga Oka Roju||Ram Gopal Varma||J. D. Chakravarthy,Raghuvaran|
|23||–||Daud||Ram Gopal Varma||Sanjay Dutt,Paresh Rawal|
|24||–||Aflatoon||Guddu Dhanoa||Akshay Kumar,Anupam Kher|
|25||1998||Satya||Ram Gopal Varma||J.D Chakravarthy,Manoj Bajpai|
|26||–||Kudrat||Raj N. Sippy||Aruna Irani,Kader Khan,Akshaye Khanna|
|27||–||China Gate||Rajkumar Santoshi||Samir Soni,Om Puri,Amrish Puri|
|28||–||Chhota Chetan||Jijo Punnoose||Dalip Tahil,Satish Kaushik|
|29||1999||Jaanam Samjha Karo||Andaleeb Sultanpuri||Salman Khan,Jaspal Bhatti|
|30||–||Hum Tum Pe Marte Hain||Nabh Kumar||Govinda,Dimple Kapadia|
|31||–||Mast||Ram Gopal Verma||Aftab Shivdasani,Dalip Tahil|
|32||–||Dillagi||Sunny Deol||Sunny Deol,Bobby Deol|
|33||–||Khoobsurat||Sanjay Chhel||Sanjay Dutt,Om Puri|
|34||–||Kaun||Ram Gopal Varma||Manoj Bajpai,Sushant Singh|
|35||2000||Jungle||Ram Gopal Varma||Sunil Shetty,Fardeen Khan,Himanshu Malik|
|36||–||Deewane||Harry Baweja||Ajay Devgan,Mahima Chaudhry|
|38||2001||Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya||Rajat Mukherjee||Fardeen Khan,Sonali Kulkarni|
|39||–||Lajja||Rajkumar Santoshi||Manisha Koirala,Anil Kapoor,Jackie Shroff|
|40||2002||Company||Ram Gopal Varma||Ajay Devgan,Manisha Koirala,Mohanlal|
|41||–||Om Jai Jagadish||Anupam Kher||Waheeda Rehman,Fardeen Khan,Anil Kapoor|
|42||–||Deewangee||Anees Bazmee||Ajay Devgan,Akshaye Khanna|
|43||2003||Bhoot||Ram Gopal Varma||Ajay Devgan,Fardeen Khan|
|44||–||Tehzeeb||Khalid Mohammed||Shabana Azmi,Arjun Rampal,Diya Mirza|
|45||–||Pinjar||C P Dwivedi||Manoj Bajpai,Sanjay Suri|
|46||2004||Ek Hasina Thi||Sriram Raghavan||Saif Ali Khan,Seema Biswas|
|47||–||Naina||Shripal Morakhia||Anuj Sawhney,Shweta Konnur|
|48||2005||Maine Gandhi Ko Nahin Mara||Jahnu Barua||Anupam Kher,Rajit Kapur|
|49||2006||Banaras||Pankaj Parashar||Dimple Kapadia,Raj Babbar|
|50||–||Bas Ek Pal||Onir||Juhi Chawla,Jimmy Shergill|
|51||2007||Aag||Ram Gopal Varma||Amitabh Bachchan,Ajay Devgan,Mohanlal|
|52||–||Om Shanti Om||Farah Khan||Shahrukh Khan,Deepika Padukone,Kirron Kher|
|53||–||Speed||Vikram Bhatt||Zayed Khan,Aftab Shivdasani,Tanushree Dutta|
|54||2008||Karzzzz||Satish Kaushik||Himesh Reshammiya,Shweta Kumar|
|55||–||EMI||Saurabh Kabra||Malaika Arora,Arun Bakshi|
|56||2011||Shabri||Lalit Marathe||Ishaa Koppikar,Manish Wadhwa|
|57||2013||Life Mein Hungama Hai||–||–|