Biodata / Profile
|Birth Name||Yana Synkova|
|Date of Birth||April 23, 1979|
|Birth Place||Brno, Czech Republic|
|Yana Gupta Height||5’8″|
|Spouse||Satyakam Gupta [2001 -2005]|
|Languages known||Czech language, Spanish, Japanese, English and Hindi|
|Hobbies||Playing piano, flute, dancing, aerobics, health, fitness etc|
|Telugu debut||Gharshana (2004)|
|Tamil debut||Manmadhan (2004)|
|Bollywood Debut||“Dum” |
* Yana Gupta was born on 23rd April 1979 in Brno, Czech Republic. She hasn’t acquired Indian citizenship despite of long stay in Mumbai , she retained her Czech Republic citizenship.
* Her birth name is Jana Synková and after she married Satyakam Gupta she changed her second name to Gupta.
* Due to her multinational modeling career she is able to speak English, Hindi, Spanish, Czech and Japanese.
* She started her career as a model in mid-1990s & travelled all over the world including places like Paris, Vienna, Munich, Hamburg, Milan, India, Tokyo, Prague etc.
* In India she started her career as a model and worked for Lakme, Limca, MTV and others. Later she entered Bollywood as an item girl in ‘Dum’ 2003 for a song “Babuji Zara Dheere Chalo”
* Yana Gupta wrote a book titled “How To Love Your Body And Get The Body You Love”.
* She completed graduation in “Park Architecture and Gardening” in Japan.
* She endorsed reputed products like Calvin Klein, Victoria’s Secret,Nivea, Rexona, Shuemura, Isabgol, Shisheido, Toyota, Honda, Sony etc.
* Yana Gupta fell in love and married Satyakam Gupta an Indian painterin 2001, but separated very early on 18th May 2005.
* After divorcing her husband Yana Gupta dated Aftab. Yana and Aftab did not hide their relationship from media. They claimed that the understanding between them was so good that Yana actually encouraged Aftab to kiss his co-star Celina Jaitley in “Red”. 
* She broke up with Aftab in 2007. She felt that he was not the person she would like to marry.
* She is graduated in Park Architecture and Gardening.
* Her hobbies includes playing piano, flute, dancing, aerobics, health, fitness, and computers.
* Yana Gupta learnt singing in London to prepare herself for her musical album. She joined a course in London’s Trinity School of Music.
* The actress is a member of PETA and spreading awareness against the cruelty to animals.
* She appeared in Kannada movie “Jogi” which was a blockbuster of the the year.
* She is an European, but always mistaken as East Indian origin.
* Yana Gupta appeared on many magazine like ELLE, Cosmopolitan, Femina, Maxim etc.
* She was named the new face for Lakme cosmetics in 2001. Thus she replaced its former model Lisa Ray.
* She is a vegetarian.
“It’s a fitness and health book. I have been into nutrition since I was 16. I am a fitness trainer and also an acupuncture practitioner who treats people. ” [About her book, 2006]
“I have got a strong liking for south Indian dishes. I really love having all those idlis, upma and masala dosas. Most of the preparations here are made with coconuts, perhaps that’s one reason I like the food here”
“I have not strutted my stuff yet. If I start showing off and try to look sexy, many actresses will not get a sound sleep. Till now, whatever I did was just the tip of the iceberg. The day I will show the whole iceberg, no one will stand any competition against me.”
“I am working hard on improving my Hindi so that I can work easily in Bollywood. I don’t want to restrict myself to being an item girl. The artiste in me is waiting to bud out and brim with creativity.”
“I’m very health conscious and carry small dabbas of stuff like my soya protein and calcium powder which I mix. They look kind of weird and I’m always questioned for it. I also have small acupuncture needles which I bought from China, which look like tiny sharp objects in the X-ray machine.”
“I am passionate about my dance. I would always like to dance. But, I am not in a hurry to accept every offer that comes my way”
“One has to stick to exercise regime and right dietary schedule to keep those extra pounds at bay and maintain baby soft skin”
“I am even thinking that I should sing a song in Tamil and I think it’ll sound really cute what with my accent and all”
“I am happy with what I am today. I thank all my fans who have given me so much love and affection and always appreciated my work.”
“I enjoy dancing very much. Besides, I had started taking dance coaching when I was fourteen.”
Best movie list
- Manmadhan [ T.R. Silambarasan , Jyothika Saravanan , Sindhu Tolani , Atul Kulkarni , Goundamani , Mandira Bedi , Yana Gupta ]
- Gharshana [ Asin , Saleem Baig , Yana Gupta , Venkatesh ]
- Anniyan [ Vikram , Sadha , Vivek , Prakash Raj , Yana Gupta , Nasser , Kalabhavan Mani , Nedumudi Venu , Saurabh Shukla ]
- Shankardada Zindabad [ Chiranjeevi , Srikanth , Karishma Kotak , Dilip Prabhavalkar , Sayaji Shinde , Brahmanandam , Vennirade Nirmala , Sarathbabu , Subramaniam Dharmavarapu , Yana Gupta , Ravi Teja , Allu Arjun , Pawan Kalyan ]
Filmography / all movies list
|1||2004||Gharshana||Gautham Menon||Asin Thottumkal,Venkatesh,Daniel Balaji|
|2||2004||Manmadhan||Murugan A J||Sindhu Tolani,Silambarasan,Jyothika|
|3||2004||Rakht||Mahesh Manjrekar||Sanjay Dutt,Abhishek Bachchan,Bipasha Basu|
|4||2005||Jogi||Prem||Jennifer Kotwal,Shivaraj Kumar,Arundathi Nag|
|6||2007||ManoramaSix Feet Under||Navdeep Singh||Raima Sen,Abhay Deol,Gul Panag|
|7||2007||Kaisay Kahein||Mohit Hussein||Neha Julka,Shital Shah,Zarina Wahab|
|8||2008||90 Ghanta||Saugata Roy Barman||Jishu Sengupta,Razzak,Swastika Mukherjee|
|9||2011||Chalo Dilli||Shashant Shah||Akshay Kumar,Vinay Pathak,Lara Dutta|
|10||2011||Murder 2||Mohit Suri||Emraan Hashmi,Prashant Narayanan,Jacqueline Fernandez|
|11||2011||Stand By||Sanjay Soorkar||Siddharth Kher, Sachin Khedekar, Dalip Tahil|